Chapter 22

I closed my eyes and let out the breath before pushing the door open and being jumped on.

"Oh my God! Cassi! No way! You're so big!" Jenna let go of me and I burst out laughing, releasing the nerves that I had kept pent up. She was gorgeous and so obviously a Grassi. She had long, brown hair that fell in perfectly cascading waves down her slim back. Her eyes positively lit up at the sight of me. She was a lot taller than me, but, underneath it all, I had expected that. She was quite a bit older than me. Her grin led to tiny dimples on each side of her face and her cheeks to be blushed with pure joy. After a second, I hugged Jenna again, tighter than before, now that I had gotten over the shock of my sister finally standing in front of me again. I held back tears that threatened to fall from the shear happiness. She laughed and held on to me, pulling me into an embrace like nothing I had felt since I became a Lunkorc and not a Grassi. They were a family that did nothing but care for each other in every way possible. And Dad, well, he cared but not in such an open way. He wasn't one to be able to show that he really did care, not many hugs or things like that. In fact, outside of professional school meetings and the small holidays we get, I didn't even see him that much.

"Cassi?" She said after what seemed an age. "You wanna sit down somewhere instead?" A small chuckle left her and I nodded, looking around the room that we had been left in. It was big, much bigger than room two that I had seen in earlier. In one corner there was a table with drinks and a variety of snacks on, one corner had beanbags and cushions of all colours of the rainbow, one had another small table that was probably used for meetings, and the final corner was lined with bookcases. In the spaces between the bookcases, tables and door were paintings, some I could recognise the artists but not all of them. The carpet was a chocolate brown and soft underfoot. 

I dragged Jenna over to the beanbag corner and threw myself onto a red one. She sat on a leaf green one next to me, leaning up against the wall. "So, how are you?" Great way to break an awkward silence before it started, even if a little over used. "Any boys?" Boys. Of course that's what an older sister would ask. But it did leave me thinking, I hadn't really spent a lot of time with Jay recently. Sure, we spoke over text and we saw each other during training but what with looking after the cadets so much and working all of this out, we hadn't had time just, well, us.

"Yeah but I'm not sure how much longer it will work out. He's loving and sweet and caring and hot as hell!" I blushed and looked down at my feet. "But, we haven't seen each other a lot much at the moment. What about you?" I giggled. This is what I had been missing for years. Someone to just talk to. Someone who will just give you their honest opinion no matter how distasteful it may seem. Someone who really just doesn't care about things and who will stand up for you. Someone who, well, can just be a sister. I hadn't had that since I left and I hadn't realised how much I missed it. I wasn't close to many people at the institution and certainly not close enough to know they won't spill anything I say.

We just sat and talked. I don't know for how long but it sure felt like a long time. We chatted about everything from our family, to school, to boys, to shopping, to music, pretty much everything you ever needed to know about someone. By this point, I was no longer wearing my boots or jacket and the snacks table had almost been cleared. Jenna closed her eyes for a second and I took the chance to sneak a look at my watch. I scoffed aloud. I had been here for almost five hours and no one had come and told us to leave. Obviously the room wasn't going to be used again for a while but five hours seemed a little excessive. Jenna looked over and I explained what I thought but she didn't seem bothered at all. 

Hey Guys! 

Little tiny bit shorter than I like to write but I'm ill (YEY!!) so I really struggled to actually write anything this time. But here you go.

BUT!! I need help! I am out of many ideas for kinda fillers inbetween the main events. Please, please give me ANY ideas you have. It would be so much appreciated.

K x