34

Chapter 34

Fallon and Avis had a long talk by the fireside of his tent, the night had fallen and the first day of the festival had completed. Fallon was stuffed from the food she had been lavished with by Avis, urging her to try as much as she could. Avis sat next to her as they both stared into the fire, "You are one sharp tongued woman, Fallon." He chuckled. "I have never met anyone like you before."

"I hope that's a compliment." She said, glancing at him with her green eyes alight by the glow of the fire. "Everyone thinks that I should keep my mouth shut."

"don't you dare." He cupped her chin tenderly. "Your way with words though harsh is the reflection of how resilient your spirit is."

Fallon, for the first time in her life blushed. His alluring smile seemed to ooze with charm and interest. It was as if Ecula had not fallen from The Divide, it still lived within the people. She gently pulled away from his grasp and glanced back at the fire, "Sorry I don't have anything white to wear for your traditions."

"Don't worry about it, dear. Rogues who come in here rarely have anything white. I'll have Min make you something for tomorrow.

"Whose Min?" She asked.

"Oh, she's a good friend of mine. As a matter of fact, how about we meet her. She'll need your measurements." He stood up and offered his hand to her. She stood up without taking it and followed him. Avis sighed to himself, and his hand twitched a little. He led Fallon to Min's tent and called for her, "Min darling are you in there?" He asked.

A voice came from the inside, "What do you want?" she asked, sounding like she was annoyed. Avis shook his head and chuckled. "I have someone here who needs a garment. Can you accommodate her?" He asked.

Min sighed and she came out of the tent in nothing but a silken white robe. Her dark skin was beautiful,her dark hair was in dreads and her red eyes were striking. Her accent sounded familiar, and Fallon smirked, "You're a Sarabathian."

"Yes, I am."

"Long way from Sarabath. What brought you here?" She asked.

"I came here to study fashion before The Divide. A lot of good that did me." She crossed her arms and looked down at the petite white-haired woman before her, "What about you, Desolatonian. What's your story?" She asked.

"Just trying to survive."

"Aren't we all." She gave Fallon a friendly look and invited her into her tent. "Don't mind my guests please." She said as she took out a measuring tape to measure Fallon at all angles. Fallon glanced at the two guests who were fornicating in Min's bed, and she quickly looked away. "You must like company."

Min looked at her and smiled, "All kinds of company. Vapira Do."

"Free lover." Fallon nodded. "I understand."

Min stood and wrote down something on a pad of paper and nodded. "I'll have it to you tomorrow first thing in the morning, Jiv?"

"Jiv, thank you." Fallon approved. Avis smiled, watching her glance at the male and female guest in Min's bed who seemed like they couldn't get enough of one another. Min smirked at the look of surprise on Fallon's face, "Care to stay?" She asked. Fallon looked up at the desert woman and shook her head, "I won't keep you from your...company." She glanced at them again. "Have a good evening."

She then politely left with Avis following close behind. "A bit of a culture shock?" He asked her, taking her arm gently and looping it around his as they walked. She felt oddly comforted by the tall Violet eyed Avis.