41

Fallon fell silent when she heard his words. It wasn't every day that she was complimented like that. With everything that had happened back at The Order, she didn't know how to react to his genuine words. The only thing she felt proper was to compliment him back, "Thank you Venner. You're...a good friend."

Venner nodded, seeing how hard it was for her to even accept the nice words from him. It was a small bit of courage from her end to even say anything nice in her state now. He appreciated the sentiment and the two of them fell silent for a while. "...You know, Cinders is going to be the next country we'll be going to. I'm still wondering why we haven't seen any Tompers since
Desolate."

Venner seemed to perk up at the sudden information, she was right. Why weren't there any Tompers here in Ecula or Derelict? It didn't make any sense. Venner's mind raced as he thought of a possibility of why, "The only reason I can figure out is that President Spirit picked the countries that were extremely against the police force getting replaced by Tompers." He shook his head, "That doesn't explain Derelict having no robots, because the only country that was for the idea was Ecula. I can understand why this country doesn't have any."

Fallon sat back and tried to think as well, "Did you ever go to any follow up meetings about that idea? After the first?" She asked.

"No. I thought it was a terrible idea. So did the rest of the country besides Spirit's homeland."

"They were probably given an ultimatum. Since you were never there at the meetings after the proposal, Spirit might have done that out of spite for Desolate. It wouldn't be the first time he had done something of that level to certain countries that didn't agree with his decisions." She suggested. Venner froze, was Spirit that cold hearted? Was he really that spiteful to just have Desolate suffer for the disagreement of one man?

"That would mean that The Divide is my fault. If this is true, what we are thinking. That would mean that Desolate's fall was because I spoke up and refused to give into the idea. Fallon shook her head and disagreed with Venner, "None of this was your fault. It's Spirit's fault for not listening to the Olories of each country. You're right, it's a bit far fetched and weird to say the least that he would have it out foe Desolate for even standing up and saying no."

"But its not an impossible idea." He spoke up. "All of this could be true."

"And if its true, then the rest of Elysium had waged war against Desolate...and you didn't know."

Venner fell silent, lost in thought of what she had said, "Its so hard to believe but...something tells me that we may be onto something." He told her. His whole mood changed from this bit of information that had come to light, all this death and turmoil because of him objecting to the Tomper army. After all his efforts to make Desolate a great country to live in, Spirit's decision to swarm the Tompers towards his homeland made him sick to his stomach.

"I'm sure Gideon would help us with that, as long as he's still linked to the army's system that is."

"You know that I am still wary of that thing traveling with us."

"I know you are and you're going to have to get used to him because he's staying. He could be of use to us later. Or now if you let him."

Venner sighed in defeat, "Fine."

Fallon stood up and went back into the vehicle, seeing Gideon watch over Fira sleeping, "Gideon." Fallon whispered. The robot looked up at her. "I need your help with something."

"Sure," He whispered back and followed her out. He sat next to her by the fire while Venner eyed him in a protective manner for Fallon.

"We need to know if there were any documents you know of that President Spirit ordered the Tomper army only to Desolate."

"Oh, I can tell you that every country had an army at one time." He spoke. "I know because, I used to follow the Chieftess around each country to be trained in law enforcement."

"So, why are there no Tompers now? We haven't seen them since Derelict." Venner asked. Gideon's eyes flickered as he checked something. "I'm looking for something. The Cheiftess must have forgotten to take me out of the system."

Fallon's face lit up; she couldn't believe it. Gideon's eyes stopped flickering and he looked at the two in front of him, "I don't know why...but it seems to me that each Tomper army had fallen ill from something."

"Wait...Tompers can get ill?" Venner asked, deeply confused.

"Ever heard of a computer virus?" Fallon looked at Venner and he nodded, understanding now. "Where did it even come from?"

"The document doesn't say...It just says that most of the armies depleted because of this virus." Gideon looked a bit confused too. "Why wasn't Desolate's army effected by this?"

"That's what I'd like to know." Fallon replied. "You really come in handy, Gideon." She glanced at Venner with an 'I told you so' expression. Venner rolled his eyes at her sudden playful nature. It was a nice change from her last mood, it was a good thing.

"The virus is in a language I can't understand. The name of it...its nothing I've ever seen." His blue eyes projected the name of the virus. The words "Mori Fati" were seen. Fallon had heard this phrase and she chuckled at the meaning that she recalled, "Oh my God." She giggled.

"What?" Venner asked. "What does it mean?"

"It means 'Death is your fate.'" She couldn't help but smile. "Someone designed the virus in order for the Tompers to die."

"Oh my God. Most of Elysium's armies had been wiped out by a vendetta against them." Fallon placed a hand upon her forehead in disbelief and chuckled. "I want to meat this person so bad now."

Venner joined in the lighthearted laughter, "So do I. That's the cleverest thing I had ever heard."

Anastasia sighed and sat up in her bed and rubbed her eyes, she glanced at the time on her clock, she had slept in, and she shook her head. "Dammit."

She pulled her ginger dreads out of her face and hurried to the mic and turned it on. The music from The Scover Orchestra playing in the background was now shut off so that she could begin her broadcast, "Good morning, Elysium. It's a nice day I assume. I apologize for being so late, but I guess Morpheus had taken me hostage last night." She joked. "But your beloved radio host is here now, and you get to listen to me all day. How happy are you all to hear my voice again?"

She chuckled at her won joke just to fill the silence in her studio, she looked at her computer and her eyes went wide, "How interesting is this? Turns out the rogues I mentioned before had conquered Avis Maruis' order by slaying him in front of his followers and driving away into the wilderness of Ecula. The people of The Order are furious and are searching for the rogues as we speak. Godspeed, rogues, Anastasia Mori is cheering you on."

She turned off her mic and took a breath, scrolling through the playlist of used songs that she repeatedly played. She must have played each song a thousand times, she turned her mic back on once she found a proper song, "This one goes out to my rogues. Hope you find what you're looking so hard for." She played an electronic song and turned off her mic again.