2

Fallon was racing through the streets to get to the gate before it closed. It was the night the Division Bill was passed and now every country had walls erected to protect the people inside.

"Mom! Dad!" She finally reached he gate and struggled to open the lock.

"The country is in lockdown until further notice, no outsiders are allowed." A robot approached her amongst the raging crowd that was also trying desperately to bring their loved ones home.

"These are dwellers of Desolate, surely you must have them in your records somewhere." Fallon replied in desperation.

"The country is in lockdown until further notice, no outsiders allowed."

"I'm telling you they're not outsiders!" she met the robot's height so she could look it in the cold and fearsome blue eyes.

"Detecting hostility..." The robot whirred, sensing a spike in her heart rate.

Fallon had enough, she launched herself onto the robot and attacked it like a wild animal, her behavior astonished her parents and they looked on in terror as the Tompers readied to handle her. The others around her started to attack as well, catching the robots off guard and getting distracted by the little riot. She caught the gaze of her parents being pulled away by the robots on the other side of the gate.

"NO!" Fallon sprang up in fury as she grabbed onto her mother's hand. "You will not take me away from my family!" The Tomper that held her mother received a hard blow to the face and Its head reared back and skipped in speech, "N-n-no Outsi-siders!"

"They live in Desolate, don't you understand?!" she screamed.

"They live in Derelict, now." It replied.

"No, you don't!" Fallon grabbed a hold of her father with her other arm and locked her feet into place in between the bars of the gate. "Try me, Tomper!" She glared into the Tomper's eyes daring it to make a move, gripping onto her parents tightly.

"Fallon, whatever happens. We'll find a way to return." Leo tried reassuring his daughter.

"No one is taking me from you." She cried, her tough exterior faltered for just a second, her eyes shifting between her parents and the Tomtora that had them in their tight grasp.

"Remove yourself from the gate." The robot on Fallon's side ordered, trying to pull her away from the gate. She held on tight and fought to stay attached to her mother and father on the other side. The other robots pulled on her parents, trying to separate them from each other. The crowd fought against the Tomtora to get them away from the gate, all the while the three of them crying to stay together.

"Take defensive positions." One of the robots said, producing a gun from its arm and aiming it towards the crowd.

"They're going to kill you." Eijah, her mother worried, staring at the gun pointed at Fallon through her tears.

"Mom, no. Don't let go of me!" tears streamed down her face.

"We love you Little Wisp. We will do everything to come back to Desolate, I promise." Leo reassured his daughter kissing her cheek.

"Please no!" She dug her nails into her father's arms and cried as they finally were separated from each other.

"FALLON!" Her mother cried as they took her and her father way from the gate.

"Mommy!" She screamed in terror as she watched her family get carried away and into the unknown city with unknown people. She stood there hanging on the iron gate enraged, screaming and rattling it like it was a cage. The Tompers pried her from the gate and she pounced on one of them, beating it until nuts and screws loosened from its mechanical brain. She heard another robot demand from the frenzy, "Contain yourself or we will be forced to take immediate action!"

She stood and kicked the Tomper to the ground and took off running back home....

"Fallon. Wake up!" She was shaken awake from her nightmare and looked at Hawk frightened. "Jiv." He exclaimed in shock. "Its been a long time since I've seen that look on your face." She sat up panting in fright. "Hey, hey come here." Hawk drew her close and held her for a moment.

"It was the dream again." Fallon said in a cracked voice.

"I know...shhh..." Hawk rubbed her back to console her.

Hawk and Fallon grew up together and after her parents were taken away, he promised to take care of her like a big brother should. Even though they weren't blood, he treated her like she was. They saw each other almost every day and always looked out for each other.

Hawk knew what to do when she stayed out past curfew and Fallon knew what to do when he needed a place to hide. They were family to each other, Children of The Divide that stayed together no matter what.

"Are you going to be okay?" He asked her.

"Yeah. I'm fine." She said muffled against his shoulder. He felt a tear roll down off of her face and onto his collar bone, "Go ahead and cry, Fallon. Its okay."

"No..." she tightly shut her eyes to keep the tears at bay.

"Ejova..." He said in disapproval. "You are so stubborn."

"Yeah, well...Crying never helped anyone." She said gathering the covers to her chest and laying back down.

"You're right." He said rolling his eyes. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight Hawk." She turned on her radio that was next to her bed and tuned into the only station that existed in Elysium, "Hello, My name is Mori and I'm here to give you some tranquility in this shabby world." the female voice spoke sarcastically. Fallon almost laughed at the cheeky way she spoke, she continued to listen to the radio host as she waited for the sleep to consume her again.

"This seems to be the season of remembrance, I seem to be reminiscing in the happy times I used to have back in the day. Anyone else feeling the same way?" she asked the audience. "Its funny, I always seem to forget that no one calls into the station anymore...I'm sure I'm not the only one who misses those good Elysium days."

"Nope, you're not alone there." she chuckled, muttering to herself.

"So, with out further ado, here's a little relic I found in the archives. Under the Glittering Sun by Avis Marius, for all those who are visited by my old friend, Nostalgia."

The music started to play, melodic tunes from a violin filled her room and lulled her back to sleep. Hawk heard the music from the garage, as he fiddled with his laptop. If only he could open the gate for his sister, then everything would be okay. No...that's not right is it? Even if they were together again they would still be prisoners in this disgusting place. If only Fallon knew what horrors he had found on the web, she wouldn't want to live here another day. Hawk was a Glitcher, a slang name for those who uses technology for everything.

He was also what they called a, Zarotic. He believed in conspiracies. There wasn't much need for Zarotics anymore, there was no government to conspire against. He was part of a dying breed of people who didn't take the truth at face value. He continued to keep digging, knowing there was something if he ventured deep enough.

If the Tomtora knew he was perusing through their most private files he would've been dead by now. He saved everything, remembered everything and forgot nothing. Is eyes burned from the inside watching the screen looking for loopholes and answers to the freedom he and Fallon desired. His eyes grew heavy and fell asleep on the couch in the warm garage.