46

Venner opens his eyes and his vision burs, the room is spinning, and he feels weightless, and he struggles to sit up. The vertigo is so bad that he falls to the floor. The door opens and Venner rolls over to see a tall blonde woman standing over him. His eyes focused fully and looked at the woman, the very image of her before him made his face grow pale.

He opened his mouth to say something but he only merely gasped. The woman knelt down in front of him, and he could see those iridescent blue irises mirroring back at him, She looked so much like her mother now. "C-Clara?"

"Hi, Dad." She gave him a soft smile and helped him to his feet and once he was standing, he hugged her tightly. "It is so good to see you."

Clara chuckled and gently pulled away from him, "Nice to see you too."

"How did..? I have so many questions." He shook his head in disbelief, still thinking that his very own daughter was a mirage.

"When Mom was killed, some of the guests at my party saw me running away and they protected me. We ended up in Cinders because...well, I'll have to explain that later."

"I'm just so happy you're alive I...I really thought I lost you."

"I am very much alive, and I am really happy to see you too." She smiled. Clara didn't look like the gentle young lady that she used to be, nor did she have the air and grace of such a gentle girl either. Her long blonde hair was no longer curly and bouncy but straight and shaved on the side of her head. Her skin was no longer peachy with pink cheeks, she was now pale, and her cheeks were sunken in.

Their reunion was wonderful, but it was also very bittersweet, Clara was no longer his little girl anymore. He sighed and looked at his daughter, "You've grown up."

"So did you...I mean you got older." She said, making her father chuckle. "Your friends are awake and in the other room and the bot has been confiscated- "

"Don't hurt him." He almost jumped from his own skin upon hearing that they had captured Gideon. Clara looked at her father questioningly, "Why?"

"Its hard to explain but...he is a Tomper that has never killed a human. If you want, I'm sure he can prove that to you. I was wary of him at first but...he was a drafted robot before The Divide. They were never able to reprogram him."

Clara looked a little amazed by this information and knew from the look on his face that he was telling the truth. She always knew when he was being honest. She sighed and tried to think, "You will have a lot of convincing to do with the people here. If you say he is safe, then I'll believe you but its not me who you need to prove that to."

"I understand."

"I'm sure you want to see your group of friends. I'm sorry about the Trip darts. We had to shoot you down because of the Tompers here on this side of the wall." Clara led him out of the room and followed her to where the rest of them were. Fallon looked up and rushed to her feet to hug him, "Oh God, you're okay."

"I'm glad you're okay too, all of you." He enveloped her in a tight hug and smiled seeing that Fallon was awake and well. Clara looked between the two in confusion. 

Their conversation was interrupted by a woman coming towards them, she looked at Clara sternly, "There you are, where the hell have you been?" The woman wore a similar suit that Clara had. She had pale skin and dark brown hair and bottomless brown eyes. Clara seemed to back away like a dog that had been scolded, "Sorry, Cassa."

Venner noticed this and turned to her, "She's speaking with her father that she hasn't seen in years." He spoke sternly to her. Cassa gave him a snobby expression, "I believe I was talking to her."