5

Chapter 5

The army of robots filed into the base and stood at attention as a shiny, white robot came upon the large screen. The Chief had glowing blue eyes just like everyone else but it's metal was well groomed and shined to make every badge welded on its chest was visible, "Good evening, everyone." The Chief greeted the army that was visual in front of it. "Because of each and every one of you, there have been 200 arrests, 20 executions and thousands detained for breaking the law. You all should be proud of yourselves." it congratulated.

The large number of robots applauded themselves for a job well done. "Besides one, who should be ashamed of themselves!" The Chief spat.

Every soldier looked at each other and then to one that seemed to be more fascinated with the flies over his head than what the Chief was saying.

"Number 1111?!" The robot on the screen shouted to get his attention. 1111 stood at attention, startled looking up at the shiny robot above him.

"Yes, Sir?" She robot shook. The rest of the army gasped and 1111 looked around, wondering what he did now. The shiny white machine looked at him angrily, "Do I look like a Sir?!" She screamed in a furious feminine voice. 1111 just ducked and shuddered as if her very voice could hit him in the face with tremendous force.

"1111 how many arrests have you made?" She asked, the whole army watching the scene unfold before their eyes.

"None." He replied. He felt every cold metallic blue eye on him as he spoke up to the Chief.

"And how many executions?" 1111 could tell by her voice that her patience was waning as she kept speaking to him.

"None." he replied, simply.

"Why do you exist?" She asked. 1111 looked at all of the soldiers, afraid to answer to the Chief in front of him. The Chief was the head of every army in Elysium and was in charge of protecting President Spirit. She failed protecting President Spirit, since he had vanished a couple years ago.

"To...keep the city safe?" He replied, looking like a scolded puppy.

"Is that a statement or a question?" She growled, her patience wearing thin with this one.

"A statement?" He tried to reply with courage but the Chief was an intimidating and cold machine. She was not to be crossed.

"Ugh! 1111, you are a useless scrap of metal! Should I arrange the papers to get you incinerated and compressed?" She threatened.

"No! No please. I'll do anything." He pleaded. The shiny robot on the screen looked at him in an upsetting way.

"Anything, I say?" She asked.

"Yes, Chief. I'll do anything to stay." he begged her helplessly.

"Do we have a prisoner on hand?" The Chief asked another soldier.

"Yes, we do." One of the robots spoke up.

"Bring them in here, I want to see what 1111 is capable of." She ordered, keeping her eyes on 1111 who looked at the soldier who fetched the human prisoner.

The robot that spoke to her left the line and brought a human prisoner to the platform where the Chief would've spoken from if she were there in person. The bot dragged the prisoner up to the projection of the Chief and knelt him down in front of her.

"1111 come here, we'll see how true you are to this army." She ordered, her fearsome blue eyes narrowing at 1111 as he came forward. 1111 slowly walked up to the platform, seeing the many faces of his fellow fleet members judgmental faces. Their gazes seemed to feel like fire on his metal shell. He hated being the center of attention.