47

Fallon and Fira sat on their creaky beds after seeing the whole sight of this 'rebellion' with no name. Fallon stared at the floor made of cement feeling as if something was off about this place. If this rebellion was successful and had food that grew non-diseased food then why weren't there more people flocking to Cinders who were hungry?

How did they get the technology that powered the vests and why was all of this held secret? All of this made no sense. They had all of the resources in the world at their fingertips and still...Elysium was still dead.

Fira looked at Fallon and noticed the contemplation in her jade green eyes, shining with curiosity. She didn't have to know Fallon for very long to know that she knew that something was amiss, and knowing Fallon, she'd get down tot he bottom of it. She admired that in Fallon, the fact that she had a spirit that Elysians should have in this dire time. Something hungry for the truth was gnawing at her, starving.

"Trouble?" Fira merely asked. Fallon snapped out of her disassociated gaze upon the floor and looked up at her, "I'm not sure yet."

Fira just looked at her and smirked, "Well, if there is anything fishy going on I'm sure you will figure it out."

"Ha! Always." Fallon's attention had been brought towards the knocking on the door of their cement encased room and she stood to open it to see Venner's face. "Come in."

Venner sat down on the edge of Fallon's bed and she sat next to him, "I'm sure you have a lot of questions."

"I sure do. I mean, They didn't even tell us why they-"

"God, I hate Rion is still around my daughter."

Fallon was briefly aghast hearing him interrupt her with the sudden dislike towards the leader of this site. He attention was suddenly distracted and she listened to what Venner had to say.

"What...happened between Clara and Rion?"

Clara had danced the night away at her own party and decided to sneak away from the happy crowd, leaving through the side door and sitting outside in the cool air for a moment. She breathed in the clean air of Desolate, looking up at the shining stars up above her head. She was a woman now, and it seemed like the world had bowed to her this night.

Anything was possible now, everything she ever dreamed of could happen and would happen. She simply smiled to herself thinking of the possibilities, her indigo dress glowing in the moonlight and her bouncing blonde curls being brushed away. She looked up to see Rion, the boy who she asked to accompany her at her party. She blushed shyly when his hand came in contact with her hair, sending shivers down her spine.

He sat down next to her and looked at her with his bright teal eyes that reminded her of the tropical waters of Zion. She could get lost in those eyes.

"What are you doing out here? Its a little cold." He asked.

"I came out here to cool down. I've been dancing all night." She giggled.

"Hm, I guess that is a good excuse." He said. "I thought I lost you in there."

"You could never lose me." She smiled at him, her heart thumping against her chest so freely. Rion smiled at her, his grin was wide and seemed like it went on for miles. it covered his whole face and she loved seeing it, seemed like he was smiling with his whole soul at her. Their faces inched closer towards each other, her heart feeling like it could take flight and never come down.

Gunshots rang out in the front of the venue and before Clara noticed, her feet moved before she could think. The only thing she had on her mind was her family. Rion couldn't even reach out fast enough, his hand only able to grab the back sash of her indigo gown that tore. His heart plummeted into the depths as he saw her vanish around the corner. A certain disdain ran its roots through the deepest part of his heart when he watched her form run away and he couldn't get rid of it.