Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

                                                                 Change of POV

I will admit I was arguing with Uphir about something that led to this miserable say. I hated him for it instantly. I hated him for turning towards Faolan. My Faolan. I grew furious when he said,

"I would but not without a price in return, My precious Lord."

I noticed that Faolan started to look from startled realization to wary within seconds. This was not, not how I wanted this day to go. I'm still angry with Uphir for ruining-- Actually, I'll re-analyze that later. So, never mind that!

I stiffly moved to grab Uphir's red shirt collar that he wore, pulling my lips back in warning. "What shitty price are you talking about, you shithead?" I growled.

"To do a thorough research on the werewolf species." Uphir told me, bluntly as he had the nerve not to meet my furious gaze and kept staring at Faolan. I felt a sudden flash of possessiveness behind my wild emotions.

"Fuck that!" I snapped, clenching his shirt collar tighter. I inhaled sharply through my flaring nostrils in a futile attempt to calm myself down. "Pick a different god damn price."

Uphir shook his head. "No, sir, I'm pretty strong about this one."

Shit! Verin think --- think! I took another deep breath and reculantly let go of his shirt collar. "Alright." I said, slowly and deliberately.

Uphir grinned like a god damn fool that he was. "Great then I--"

"But!" I cut in quickly to interrupt him, rudely, "It's not him you'll be researching though."

"I don't understand." Uphir said, now frowning and growing upset at the news.

"I'll get you a werewolf to experiment on because you aren't on this one." I told him firmly.

"Why not? He's free access right here and right now." Uphir growled in annoyance. "I could start right away!"

"Yeah except this one," I moved to Faolan's side so I could place a careful hand upon the chair that he sat in, "is mine, plus he's my responsibility if anything goes wrong."

"That doesn't pacify this arrangement right now, though." Uphir growled lowly.

"Okay, dip shit, listen here," I snarled loudly, thinking quickly how to answer this, "Until we find you one, you'll be more god damn patient than I am and you can use me as your little helper in the meantime."

Uphir easily fell silent. I could tell his wheels were turning in his mind about this new offer. This will turn into my favor as it always has.

"You'll be at my use, my command for what I want for research until a new werewolf comes along?" Uphir asked me slowly.

"Yes but for some things as I will not take orders and if it goes over the line then I'm calling it off instantly." I told him firmly.

"So mature." Uphir said dryly but calmer now. "I can agree to those terms."

I nodded curtly. "Now, do your fucking job and take care of his wounds."

Uphir snickered for some odd reason at that moment before he shrugged in a nonchalant way as he went over to Faolan. He set his bag down besides the chair that he was in. "Turn to face me." He cooed purposely to get on my nerves and more likely to make Faolan nervous. The sicko.