Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen
                                                              Change of POV

All I could say was that I hated that doctor. He took pleasure out of my misery and I hated it, hated him for it because that makes him just like the other demons I've met here already. Pine was obviously the exception in this equation. Anyways! Being stitched without much of a slight numn, hurt like a bitch.

That was right. I swore and I think I got the right to after what I've been through.

Which was hell, literally.

Now, I was afraid to move without pulling any of my stitching out even as my back weeps in agnony from the ordeal. After effects of pain, truly. Then I couldn't bring myself to move when I was told to stay where I was and rest.

Even though I hated that doctor... I was more confused than ever about Verin. Why? Well, mind, I'll tell you why since you aren't so helpful!

Quick note though: Maybe Verin is rubbing off me 'cause I think I just did something very Verin-like...I mentally told myself to split away from what I was trying to get at for a second.

Alright! To come back to... Ah, the underworld, I guess? I couldn't help but be bewildered by Verin. One moment, he was a furious, rampaging demon and the next, he shows this weird kindness or affection that I didn't understand towards me. He was confusing me.

I don't like to be confused.

Especially when I couldn't figure out these emotions I got towards him. Like how he moved me onto his lap merely minutes or so ago, the thoughtfulness of my pain was kind of him. To put me in that position to feel his... Err, everyone knows what, I actually felt a little... Breathless? Hot?

I don't understand my newfound emotions! And I hate it. Starting to think about it now, I've changed so much. I hit a new low but I don't know to get back up again. Not by myself and it doesn't look anyone around here was planning on helping me either.

Now back onto Verin here since he was apparently my new subject recently.

He confuses me. I don't know how many times I had said that lately but I was going to say it again. He confuses me! He makes me feel things that I don't understand with him. He makes me feel and act strange around him and others. He makes me want to serve him despite how much he has harmed me. Does this how abused puppies feel like with their masters?

Like no matter how much they get beaten, starved, and afraid that they still in some level care, serve and protect their owner? I would say love but I don't feel that. I never had. I just care for him.

Keep telling yourself that, Faolan. My mind whispers that sliver of doubt to my mindset.

I hate my thoughts. I hate my new weird feelings too! I hate this place in general!

I think I'm off track in my thoughts again--

The musings I was having got interrupted by a loud, purposeful cough. I jerked my head up as my eyes widened in pure shock. I wasn't expecting a visitor in any means...

Of course, it's not the dirty blond I was expecting at all. He leaned against the wall in the doorway and gave me a slow smirk. "Hey there, Faolan."

"Vetis." I said, curtly.

... Especially who was and still is being hated by Verin.

"Oh, my Devil! You remembered me!" Vetis cried, happily.