Chapter Eleven

Author's Note: All I have to say, you guys might either go "Finally!" or ultimately hate me for this but I promise you, you'll love how it turns out in the next chapter!

___________________________________________________________________________

                                                                                Change of POV

It hadn’t taken me long this time to find where the office was since I went that way once and the scents were a good give away too. I was still nervous in fear that someone will tell me that I would have to go inside and see the King again.

I kind of hope not since I’m still raw from that scary talk.

But luckily for me, no one told me such a thing and I was waiting outside it, patiently for Verin. Except there was a downside to this as I hadn’t mean to, I could hear their conversation due to my super hearing as a werewolf.

I tried to pay attention to elsewhere but something else catch my attention very quickly. I obviously missed something…

“These trained assassins, Verin, might be part of that group that murdered your mother.”

I gasped quietly to myself, bringing my hand up to my mouth as I heard that single line come from the King, Verin’s father. I knew the father sounded void of emotion towards his son about this news but I can hear the slight waver underneath that hid his true emotions about the matter.

“What?” came an actual quiet response from a voice that I knew belonged to Verin. How could I not know that voice?

But it sounded strange like a… frightened child, perhaps? I can’t truly tell the emotion besides shock, really. It just he actually sounded quiet in that voice and it was filled with a whole other emotion besides demanding and angry all the time.

After I knew Verin was getting consoled by his own father, I totally blanked out and thought of what I just heard because I couldn’t help hearing that over and over in my mind.

There are assassins after Verin and apparently they might be the ones that killed his mother too. I thought in pure shock. Oh, no. Is he going to be okay? Is he going to be under stricter restrictions for his own protection?

I knew I shouldn’t be worrying about him at all. I mean, he’ll be perfectly fine since he was stronger than even I was plus he can usually handle himself just fine. I was sure he’ll be heavily guarded now too.

After all, apparently someone was after his head this time around. No, I mean the head on his shoulders. God, wouldn’t it be funny someone takes his genitals though so he can’t reproduce?

Unless they want his sperm which I doubt it.

Maybe Verin is starting to rub off and I kind of don’t like that fact… I told myself, shaking my head silently.

“You can so change it now by dumping those fucking whores!”

I jumped at the sudden yelling that came from the room behind me. I turned my head towards the office’s door in bewilderment. How did it get from an extremely scary and depressing topic to something loud and angry so easily?

Well, this is Verin, I am talking about… I thought to myself dryly and looked down at my feet. Verin has proved that he was an angry, loud, ignorant and confident person including being selfish. He has not proved to me that he had compassion or anything kind about him besides his own affections for his sister.

Maybe some day, Verin won’t be afraid to show his real self…

“Wait a minute,” I whispered to myself out loud in disbelief, “I did not just think that right now?” I bit my bottom lip, starting to feel great confusing. Why would I ever think that about Verin? Especially how he has treated me and, well, he was definitely a male.

I’m not into males. I’m confused. Maybe that disgusting man did a lot to my brain after all before I was bought here…

“Were you listening onto my conversation, Foalan?” A voice snarled at me, waking me up from my thoughts again.

I flinched in surprise then looked up at the familiar face of Verin, who was seething. I shied against the wall and lowered my gaze. “I was just waiting for you, Master…” I swallowed, nervously. “I… I didn’t mean any harm…”

When I didn’t get an answer right away like I expected, I glanced up at him and openly looked him over. I just remembered that he had gotten into a fight. Was he hurt anywhere? After I look every inch of him, I was relieved to see no harm done to Verin.

Thank god that he is okay… My thoughts instantly spoke as it agreed with my relieved emotions and delight that he wasn’t hurt physically when he’ll need to be strong to defend himself.

Verin clenched his jaw as he reached out to grab my upper arm, tightly. “Come with me right now.” He growled lowly before he stalked off, literally dragging me.