Chapter Seven

Change of POV

                                                         Same Area, day, time & year

I never thought I would meet the Lord that indirectly sent me to the Underworld. All I knew I would hope he died a painful death for cursing me to such a place that I don’t deserve to be here for. I didn’t think I would ever see his face either.

Yet here I was, in his office and with his son.

Both rule over me as I am nothing compared to what they are.

But deep in my heart, I know this was not true. I also figured out in this world that if I said such thoughts out loud, it would be considered conspiracy against the Lord and it will get me killed sooner.

I don’t think I really care about death.

But I can never make this come true. Why?

I was broken in like those people do to wild horses. Tame them.

I know I will never be the same again. Never.

But as I stand here and that velvet chair started to twirl around to face me, knowing I was in the Lord’s office room and he might turn to face me and his son, suddenly I felt something boil in my veins.

I knew this feeling. It grew quickly throughout my body, making me tremble. I clenched my fists to hide my growing claws so they bit into my palm. The stinging pain helped distract me from my strong emotions that flowed through me so suddenly. I had to clench my jaw tightly and closed my eyes as I breathed in and out of my nostrils as slowly as I could.

What I needed to do right now was to calm down before I get myself killed and I’m sure my master Verin will gladly do the honors by his behavior towards me lately.

The bitter feeling never left my shredded soul nor did the anger that came with it. I opened my eyes for a moment to lower them towards the ground so I won’t see the man’s face.

“Ah, my son!” cried the loud yet low rumbling of a voice that sounded void of a specific emotion. “It’s so wonderful to finally see your beautiful face.”

“Shut up.” Verin snapped. “I’m not one of your whores that can be flattered, father. Just tell me what you fucking want!”

“Now, Verin.” The voice said, starting to sound scolding and angry by the tone he spoke in. “Don’t you speak to me that way.”

“I can speak to you in any fucking way I want.” Verin snarled. “After you making me go through hell. Oh, wait, I forgot! I am in hell!”

Keeping my gaze towards the ground, I grimaced at Verin’s behavior. I guess I shouldn’t of assumed his behavior be any different around his father. Sometimes, I assume a little way too much for my own good.

“Verin.” The voice growled.

Listening, I heard the chair scraped loudly against the poor wooden floors as the Lord got onto his feet and slammed his hand into the wooden desk in front of him. At least, that was what I think he did when I heard the audible Bam!

Verin was actually silent for once.

Shocked, I finally looked up and regretted it. I might as well be staring at the past and future self of someone.