Chapter Twenty-Two

Chapter Twenty-Two

                                                                  Verin's POV

I couldn't resist my jaw gaping open and stare at Uphir in disbelief. A Hybrid? Impossible! It was extremely rare to have species mixed together but I had heard it was becoming more common especially so in the twenty-first century in the Upperworld. I did not get to hear stories often but down here? Hybrids were rare or destroyed, depending on the views of them.

Noticing that Uphir's soulless gaze started to look amused, I snapped out of it. "That is impossible." I stated as I glowered at him. "Hybrids are not easy to come by these days."

"Well, I assure you, she is one." Uphir chuckled with no true humor in it. "So don't call it impossible when you just contradicted yourself anyways."

I gave him a withering glare but I had a feeling that it came across as a scowl instead. "Just tell me what kind of Hybrid she is." I ignored Faolan and the bitch to focus on the physician slash scientist in front of me.

Uphir sat down, casually on a stool. He kept his red hair in a pony tail and he fixed his creepy white coat. He didn't smile at any of us but he return my stare. "She is half a siren and half a succubus."

Now, I was shocked again. I was expecting a half breed werewolf with a demon or even human but this? This was an utter surprise and an unexpected pairring of all. "I thought sirens and succubus are only female creatures!"

"Obviously someone doesn't understand mutations in the DNA. There might of been a possibility that there was a male succubus or a male siren. How could we of known? Our world is filled with unknowns." Uphir said, giving a bored shrug. "Or maybe, there was some humans that were aware of our existence and, well, made her. Again, we would never know until we ask her."

Admittedly, I was sick of the idea that she could be a scientist expirement as that would be something Uphir would try to do himself. Then I remembered her ancestors so I went from instant horror to getting pissed. I stomped over to Uphir and grabbed his jacket in my hands. I literally put myself in his face.

"You will keep her in confined in this room." I snarled at him. "You will question and do what you want with her but she is not allowed outside of this room. She is also not allowed to be anywhere near Pine."

His gaze flickered his amusement. "Protective, are we?"

I shoved him away but he hadn't fell backwards from my shove. I growled lowly in my throat. "I mean it, Uphir." I warned, feeling like killing him in that instant if I could. "If anything happens to my sister because of that thing, I will kill you. I don't want it anywhere near my sister or Pine near it. Understood?"

He rolled his eyes. "I understand, Master." He said in a weird tone that I can't decipher by. I didn't know if he was trying to be disrespectful or not so I ignored it.

"Do what you want with the hybrid." I told him with a glare. "The female bitch stays here too. I don't care what you do to either one of them, honestly."

"This bitch has a name which is Accalia." Accalia spat at me, shoving me to the side with a glare that could be considered cute. "And you won't do whatever the hell you want as this is my body and I'd chew off any hands that lay a hand on that girl too."

"Great, a pity party." I waved my hand to shoo her away in hopes that she will disappear from my mind all together. Her shoving and insults was now child's play. A game that I didn't want to play anymore. "You're going to have your hands full, Uphir which brings me much joy at the mere idea." I could just imagine all the grief that they could cause him. The very idea that Uphir becomes a crybaby brings a smirk upon my lips. Yes, I think that I like this plan to leaving them with him. I easily decided.