Chapter One

The Lower Regions of The Underworld

Same Night

Unknown P.O.V.

June 15, 2010

My breathing came out as harsh and rigid. My mind was swirling with thoughts of only killing those that have captured me. But every time I dared myself to strike, I would be put out with some kind of drug. I always wondered how these Underworld dwellers could get such a thing when they weren’t as advance as the people above them, where the blue skies are. Maybe drugs always existed to a point in time and we never realized it. Well, I didn’t realize it and obviously they knew it. I was never exposed to drugs so I do get high and loopy from it. Not my fault that drugs make me immobile and dumbstruck until unconsciousness.

 I decided to stop thinking about the drugs and such to look at my surroundings. I was in a cage with silver bars but bronze top and bottom of the cage. I shuddered of the feeling of sudden claustrophobia claimed me. I feel like a trapped animal in a cage and I tensed. I wanted to act out and yell on top of my lungs but I won’t. I can’t let them see my weakness so soon.

I put my dirtied hand against my wound on the side of my body. I flinched and looked down at my now bloodied hand. I let out a shuddering breath of pain especially when the headache started coming in. I groaned and rest my head against the bronze colored floor. I closed my eyes for a moment as I let myself be conscious of my body.

My headache hurts so much that it felt like I bashed my head against a boulder for a few minutes. My feet are scratched up and calloused from the run I took while on the loose. My muscles are aching so I would be tense and restless for a long while. My wounded side hurts the most because it feels like someone poured acid onto it to make my skin burn. I made a small whimper and pulled myself close.

I suddenly heard a rattling noise so I opened my tired eyes to look and the sight made me horrified. I saw chains from a spot coming all the way towards me. I instantly brought my hand up to feel my neck but instead I feel the metal coolness of a collar around my neck. I realized in many levels that I was going to be the lowest kind of slave there was and I was being auctioned off for money. But the question was: when was my auction day? Abruptly, I saw boots at the end of my cage so I brought my gaze upwards to the disgusting man and woman that stood there.

“So, this is the famous Lycan?” The woman asked the disfigured man.

“Yes, it is. What shall I do with him, Brenda?” The man asked the snotty woman. I let out a low threatening growl at them. I would never bow down to them or anyone. Never.

The sick woman named Brenda turned her gaze to me for a moment then looked back at him with a cruel smirk upon her black thinned out lips. “Break him until he’s the most obedient dog out there, Malcolm.”

The disgusting man named Malcolm made a unattractive snort. “Alright, I will do just that.” he answered in amusement.

Brenda nodded and began to walk away but she turned around to look at them from the doorway. “Oh, and Malcolm? Use any kind of force as you need to.” she purred before leaving.