23

Danielle stretches. She's been here a month already. She can't believe that she's been here this long. The quiet has been lovely. She's nearly healed. Soon it will be time to take down that bitch that has caused her nothing but pain.

Trevor comes up behind her and pulls her to him. "Trevor, what the hell are you doing?"

"I thought it was pretty obvious what I'm doing." Trevor says kissing her neck. She has a hard time holding in her moans.

"Trevor," Danielle says in warning. Trevor ignores her and turns her around and kisses her hard.

"Don't fight it anymore, Danielle. I can't." Trevor says and kisses her again.

Danielle sits up breathing hard. "What the fuck!" She's never even thought of Trevor that way, how could she be dreaming of him like that?

"Danielle are you okay?" Trevor says knocking lightly on her door.

"Yeah, just a crazy dream." She doesn't understand why she would be dreaming something like that. When this is over, Trevor is going to kill her. That is if Chet or her aunt don't kill her first.

Trevor opens the door and looks her over in the moonlight that streams into her room. "Would you like to talk about it?"

"Just nerves about the upcoming confrontation I guess." Danielle says even as Trevor makes his way to the bed.

"You're bullshitting me now, Danielle. Have I not proven myself trustworthy yet?" He takes a seat on the edge of the bed. Danielle is all too aware of the proximity and still feeling the effects of the dream uneasily edges away.

Trevor looks at her confused and a bit hurt. "Have I done something wrong, Danielle?"

"No, it's just I-" Trevor brings his lips to hers and silences her words.

When she doesn't fight him or pull back Trevor deepens the kiss. Danielle taken by surprise not only allows the kiss but finds herself kissing him back

"Don't tell me to stop Danielle." Trevor pleads in between kisses. In response she lays back down and brings him with her.

Danielle sighs in contentment. She hasn't felt this good for a very long time. She snuggles into the warmth that's behind her. Then a heavy weight pulls her closer to said warmth and she freezes. She opens her eyes. "Shit!" It wasn't a dream.

"Morning to you too, Danielle." Trevor says kissing her.

"What the fuck have I done?" Danielle is all but panicking now.

"Shh, it's okay, Danielle." Trevor tries to calm her.

"You're my stepson. Just how the hell is this okay?"

"Father wouldn't want you to mourn him forever, you know that right?"

"Yes, but that doesn't mean that he'd want me fucking his son either."

"Is that what it was to you last night? Fucking?"

"What else would it be?" Danielle challenges tears in her eyes.

"Making love, Danielle. After everything that has gone between us, I've gone and fallen in love with you. I want to be with you."

Danielle lets out a choked cry and a tear falls down her cheek. "We can't ever be together, Trevor. You know that."

Trevor gives her a kiss changing their positions. "There's got to be a way. We'll find it somehow."

"No, Trevor. You are going to have to kill me if they don't do it first. I can't continue in this life, I'll constantly be a danger to you and all those around me. I can't do that anymore."

Trevor takes the feelings her words give him and place them in his kiss. This time their lovemaking isn't sweet and gentle, it's rough and hard.

"Danielle," Trevor tries to talk to her as they load up the last of their things into their respective vehicles.

"No, Trevor. What happened last night and this morning shouldn't have. I was too weak to stop it, I didn't even know that I wanted it, but I did. Thank you, but there's no way we can be together."

Only now does Danielle look at him. "Just promise me that you will do what needs to be done."

Trevor lets out an angry breath, "I promise, Danielle, but I don't think it will be necessary."

"Kill me and take the reward. Bury me near your father?" Danielle pleads unable to stop the tears any further.

Trevor lets out an oath, "I promise. I'll have you buried next to father. You're killing me you know that?"

"It's the only way, Trevor. I won't put you in danger for the rest of your life. It will kill me to lose anyone else close to me."

"Danielle," Trevor says softly going to her and kissing her gently. "The players are all in place."

Trevor had bought a satellite phone and had been keeping in contact with his men that way.

"Good, just do your best to stick with the plan. If I get caught, don't show any emotion if you are there. Unless you volunteer to kill me, then you can show your anger and hate."

"I don't feel those things towards you anymore Danielle, you know that."

Danielle gives him a sad half smile, "You should. Just think of what they've done to your father and how close they came to killing you and Jeremiah."

"I think Jeremiah knows." Trevor's words stops her but only briefly.

"I know. But the question is, is he going to betray us or help?" Danielle says then gets in her car.

Danielle is lost in her thoughts as she drives down the mountain. Can she kill her aunt? Her aunt has many more years to her on killing then her. She has to do something unexpected, she has to draw her out. How does she do that?

Danielle stops in a city and ditches the car that she stole.

She walks to a nearby hair salon. There she has her hair cut, and colored. By the time she's done she looks little like the woman she was when she entered.

Danielle finds another cache and pulls out a new identity. With this she rents a car and heads off to her final destination. She's determined to finish things. She doesn't think for even a second that it will take her long to find or be found. 

She just hopes that the idiot will keep himself out of things long enough that he won't be killed as well.

At this point it no longer matters if he betrays her or if Jeremiah does. Soon, that's the only thought that goes through her mind. Soon.