2

"You have got to be kidding me!" Trevor yells into the phone. "You went and married a nobody that's three years younger than me?" 

Trevor can't believe that his father went and remarried and did so out of the blue like that. That's crazy. The bitch is younger than him and a nothing. He knew that she was nothing more than a conniving bitch, after money.

"You will speak to her and about her with respect or you will be cut off completely." Max warns Trevor once he knows that Trevor is listening once more. "I had to do a lot of talking to convince her to marry me because you scare the hell out of her." Trevor smiles at that. Good the bitch should be scared. He's not going to let her get in the way of his plans.

"I can't believe you'd actually marry a gold digger. I thought you had more brains than that." Trevor says trying to hold his temper back.

"I do. Danielle is a lovely young woman and very sweet. You wouldn't know what sweet is since all you hang about are whores and sluts. 

"Come for dinner tomorrow night to get to know her a little better. You will treat her like a lady no matter how you personally feel about her. Do you understand?"

"I understand, you made a fucking mistake," Trevor says coldly. "I'll be there, where and what time?"

"The house, at seven. You should be done with your meetings by then. Bring a companion if you wish, but not one of your sluts."

"I'll be there, but I won't be bringing anyone." He's tired of the sluts as well.

"Good. See you then." Max says and hangs up the line. Trevor just sits there holding onto his phone. This had been the last thing he'd ever expected to hear from his father. He didn't think his father would ever date or remarry after what his mother did to him. Prime example of a gold digging whore. Now his father is all caught up in the net of another one.

He fully expects to see his new step mother all dressed in designer clothes and wearing expensive jewelry. He's rather surprised they didn't have a lavish wedding. He shrugs, she must have just wanted to make sure of his father.

"Trevor, come on in." Max says opening the door. Trevor is a bit shocked to find his father in such informal clothes. He can't remember the last time he saw his father in jeans.

Max is rather enjoying the look on Trevor's face. "Danielle thinks that I need to relax when I come home, so if we don't have plans she wants me to wear less formal attire."

The jeans aren't even name brand. This is starting to make Trevor confused. Surely his father would have given Danielle a credit card or access to one. 

"Where is your lovely new wife?" Trevor has a hard time keeping his voice from being sarcastic.

"She's in the kitchen finishing up dinner. We could join her there or go into the living room and wait there."

Now Trevor is truly off balance. "What's her name is cooking?"

Max's voice turns cold. "Her name is Danielle. Yes, she's cooking and she's worried that you won't like it. I don't care if it's not up to your snobby five star standards you'll be nice about the food and eat a decent amount of it." Max finds her food more than acceptable. He's going to have a hard time keeping the weight off if she continues to cook this well.

Trevor is skeptical. But he's never seen his father so content either. His father is no where near the stressed out version he'd seen last time he visited a couple of months ago.

They sit quietly after Max hands him a glass of wine. Each lost in their own thoughts. Trevor looks over to his father and sees him smile a soft gentle smile that he's never seen before. He realizes with a shock that his father is happy. Happier than he's ever seen him. "You love her?"