19

Cameron comes to feeling sicker than he's ever felt before. He notices that he's in a hospital room, but not the facility that he has. It must be pretty bad for him to be brought here. He looks around and comes face to face with one of the scariest men he's ever met.

"I see you've met the acquaintance of my lovely step mother." Trevor says to the sick man on the bed.

"Yes, she played me pretty good," Cameron says bitterly.

He is therefor surprised when Trevor shakes his head, "Nope, she likes you."

Cameron looks at one of the scariest mafia leaders in the country and says incredulously, "How can you say that? She damn near killed me."

"Because she only did damn near kill you, if she didn't like you, you'd be dead," Trevor states baldly. "Why did she target you though?"

Cameron shuts down. Trevor narrows his lips in anger, "Don't fuck with me Cameron Christian. Danielle has done enough of that. Now I want some answers."

"Danielle? is that her name?" Cameron tests the name out on his tongue. He likes it much better than DW. Danielle Williams. Oh, now he understands.

"Who is she? She wouldn't tell me. She just said that if I knew than she'd have to kill me."

Trevor is amused. "So she really didn't want to kill you. Did she mention me at any time?"

"Oh, yeah. You might want to watch your back. Better yet stay away from her. I think she plans on killing you slowly..." Cameron hesitates. "She's been pretty desolate over her husband's loss. How long has it been?"

"About six months now. What do you mean desolate?" Trevor doesn't know why this is important.

"She's been crying a lot. I think getting revenge is the only thing keeping her going. If it's any consolation, she really loved him."

"I know. I wasn't sure she'd live after he died. He left everything to her, but she threw it right back at me. Signed everything over and disappeared. I've been chasing after her ever since."

"Shit. No wonder she wasn't interested in my money."

Trevor looks at him with amusement. "No, she's not interested in money. She had millions at her fingertips and gave it all away." Then just like that his amusement is wiped clean. "Where is she now?"

"I don't know. She said that there are or were clues in my files as to who and where the person is that's been targeting her."

Trevor gives a humorless laugh, "Well, I hope you had your files backed up. Danielle destroyed them. She even left you a note telling you how sorry she is and she hopes that the gas doesn't kill you."

"Kill me?"

"Yeah, but she was kind enough to let your men know what the antidote is and made sure you got help."

"I don't understand."

"After she left she set off the alarm in your study. She left the note on top of you, which she had straightened out so you wouldn't be too uncomfortable. Like I said, she likes you. Danielle doesn't like many people."

"Which category do you fit in?" Cameron was sure that Danielle didn't like Trevor, but he is still alive.

"I don't know. I'll find out if we both survive her getting revenge."

Cameron looks at Trevor in confusion. "You're chasing after her. Are you trying to stop her?"

"Hell to the no. For two reasons, she'd absolutely kill me if I interfere again. Secondly, she's going after the asshole that killed my father. I am totally behind her in that. I'd do it myself except she won't tell me anything and she has all the clues. I'd help her if she would let me."