Writing Competition.

So as a few of you might know, we had a wee writing comp on Facebook, the prize being that you were able to design a character to go into the APK series!!
Unfortunatly, there weren't as many entries as I would have liked but me of ALL PEOPLE can understand that it's hard to put your work out there, and also to find the time to sit down and write something ;)
So for the three entries that were entered, I have decided to put them all up here for everyone to see! Thankyou so much for taking the time to write the book from your perspective! I loved reading these, it was so enjoyable, and I hope that all of you enjoy reading them as well, while you wait for the next chapter xx

Happy Reading,
Love Daisy
_________________________________________________________

*WINNING ENTRY 
A retelling of the 1st Chapter in APK from Obsidians P.O.V

By Jenna Streety

A Stolen Heart
'This is the first chapter of A Pirate’s Kiss, titled ‘A Stolen Kiss’ from the eyes of Obsidian Bones.'
*

She had been fifteen when I’d came for her the first time.
As what was requested of us, we came by night and caused explosions throughout the sea-side town. Our ship's cannons threw their cannonballs through the insides of walls, buildings, and homes alike, regardless of who or what was in their way. 

That was one thing that I enjoyed about weaponry. These killing machines that I had at my disposal were none-discriminate to those they hurt. No matter their age, race, gender, or background, they tore through people’s lives like Hellfire and destroyed with a passion I myself had been forced to hide for as many years as I’d been alive. 

If I’d been in a cannon ball’s way, it wouldn’t have stopped to question if I was a decent human being. It wouldn’t have weighed the good and the bad I’d done. It wouldn’t have looked at where I had come from and decided to kill me more painfully than what they’d force a saint to endure. If humans and creatures that looked and acted similar to them were like cannon balls, I won’t have been judged as the son of a madman. I would have been judged as equally as anyone else.
If only they were like what tore through that town.
Really, people were just as destructive as any piece of weaponry I could equip to my ship. We only hid our nature under cheap smiles and humorous laughs. It was times like this that I was sometimes glad I wasn’t entirely human myself.

My boots slapped against roof top after roof top as the roofs around me exploded in deep reds and oranges, as fire encased the stone and wood alike. I could have stopped and joined the fighting down below like my more primal side urged for, but I had to keep the mission in mind.
‘Find Circe. Take her quickly. Make sure she doesn’t make a sound.’
Those thoughts swirled in my mind as I slung myself off the final roof and into an alleyway where I hit the ground harder than I expected. I winced and shook it off quickly only to find a blade to my neck. 

Some villager had me at sword point.
I smirked at his stupidity as I pushed the sword back so the handle hit him square between the eyes and he went straight into the gutter like a tree falling in the forest. The sword was gripped tightly in my hand as I stabbed it into the stone wall of a large fence that encased the mansion that I had to get into. 
‘If a man falls in an alleyway and no one is around to hear, does he make a sound?’

My own snicker filled the air around me as the sound of explosions boomed and screams of all sorts tried to smother my too happy of a sound. I scaled the wall, using the sword as a bit of leverage to help lift me farther up. When I reached the top of the wall, I looked to the highest peak of the home I’d be stealing this fifteen year old girl from.
‘Find Circe. Take her quickly.’ I reminded myself.
But there was no need to find her. I could already see her from the very top of the wall I perched on, my form cast in shadow against the harsh moon and even harsher bursts of fire and light. I hopped down and kept my eyes on her as I moved through the garden that was lit only by the moon. The flames and illuminated pain seemed miles away suddenly as I crept through the underbrush, avoiding guards as they ran past.
As my eyes racked over her and my feet quietly pressed on closer, I could begin to make out details through the night that had begun to close in around her so tightly, it seemed like her angelic form was being strangled by it.