Chapter Twenty-Three.

Sorry this took forever! I was sooo pleased with the votes and comments last chapter! I wanted to cry!

What happened to Haley was origionally supposed to happen to Emilee, but things change.

Requirements: 28 votes, 15 comments! <3

Thanksssss. I love you all so much!

~Sara.xox

*Enjoy! (L)

Recap

I ran downstairs because I was pretty sure Haley and Chris were here.

I saw Josh and Chris at the door, but no Haley, causing my smile to vanish.

"Where's Haley?"

"Right here," a tiny voice said. Chris stepped out of the way and there she was.

I couldn't see, because tears filled up my eyes.

"No," I breathed, and everything turned black.

Josh's POV

"Emilee!" I got down to the ground beside her. She wasn't moving, but she was breathing.

"It's all my fault," Haley started crying.

"Don't say that," I told her. "It's no one's fault."

I took Emilee into my arms and carried her into her room and laid her on the bed.

"Wake up," I instructed, but finding it useless. "Please? Emilee?"

It was useless, so Iightly kissed her forehead. "Wake up soon, my love."

"Everything alright?" Chris asked, coming into the room.

"Everything's fine. How long has this happened to Haley?"

"A few weeks," Chris replied, having to use his fingers to count.

"And you're still with her because of it?"

"Why wouldn't I be? I'm not the kind of jerk who breaks up with his girlfriend because she has cancer," Chris rolled his eyes. "Would you break up with Emilee if she had cancer?"

"Well, I'm not dating her, so even if I wanted to, I couldn't."

"What if you were?"

"You know I hate the 'what if' game," I rolled my eyes.

"Just answer it."

"No, of course not. Hey, did you know I have AIDS now?"

"You what?!" Chris asked, very surprised. "Well, that's what you get for sleeping with so many girls."

"I haven't slept with that many."

"There's Kaycee-- who stole your virginity--, Audrey, Denyse, Callie, Vanessa, Amy, Emilee, Talia, Maci, Kenzie, Brittany-"

"Okay!" I cut him off. "I get it, I have slept with many girls, but I don't have AIDS. I know it was a mean joke, and I only did it to see Emilee's reaction." Chris gave me a confused look, so I continued. "I got tested a month ago, and just last week I found out I was STI-less."

"Still, you shouldn't have slept with so many girls," Chris told me firmly.

"Don't act so inoccent, Mr. Mason. You've slept with Sandy, Dani, Ashley, and Jayd."

"And Haley."

"What?! How come you never told me you got in her pants?! Dude!" I fist-pounded him.