Chapter Nineteen.

late update D: sorry! This chapter is really rushed though because I had to update because I haven't in like forever! :(

Sorry! :(

This chapter isn't a very good one, but pay very close attention at one certain part ;)

Oh, and this summer will SUCK! I have to get a summer job, so like MAYBE 1 new story :/ I'm going to be so busy this summer :|

Requirements; 17 votes, 11 comments.

Thank you very much.

I love you all so much (L)

~Sara.xox

*Enjoy while I go eat cake because I'm CRAVING it right now... :$

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"It's time to go," I told Josh.

"Why? You've only been here a few days, you can't leave already."

"Because Bethany is having her wedding in a week!"

"So?" Josh shrugged.

"So, I'm a bride's maid! I have to be there!"

"Isn't it Isabella's birthday in a week?"

"Shoot," I sighed, "it is. What am I supposed to buy her?"

"Diamonds, all girls love those," Josh threw the paper airplane he made.

"She's a week away from being one year old, I doubt she'd want diamonds! Plus I can't afford them! I'm starting to freak out!"

"Calm down, she's almost one, just get her some toys, and she'll be fine," Josh suggested.

"I can't just get her- I know!" I yelled.

"What is it?"

"A huge stuffed animal! A pink frog! Do you think they have those here?" I questioned Josh.

"Maybe in Costco?"

"Let's go!" I pushed him off his chair.

"Where's Chase?"

"With your grandma, can we please leave now? My plane leaves in six hours, so I have to hurry!"

"Okay, okay."

I was shoving him from behind, pushing him up the stairs and out to his dad's old car.

"Roadtrip!" I shouted.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"I love it," I giggled, hugging the pink frog I got for Isabella.

"It is cute," Josh agreed.

"I can't wait until she sees this. She's going to love it!"

We found Josh's dad's car in the full parking lot and drove home. I went packing from there, with Josh watching me.

"I don't want you to leave," he frowned. He looked hot when he had his arms crossed and leaned against the door.

Dammit, Emilee! Don't think that!

"Why don't you come with then?" I asked, throwing my shirt in my case.

"Because I'm going to live here with my dad," Josh explained.

"But what if Bethany wants you there for the wedding?"

"She doesn't, does she?"

"She said she did," I smiled.

"Really? Dammit, I don't have enough money to travel as much as you do."

"I can pay for you!" I suggested.

"No."

I walked near him and leaned on him, while he stood in the same position. "Please?"

"No, I can't. I'm sorry."

Josh walked away, causing me to almost fall.

"I don't want to go back alone, Josh. Please?" I pleaded.

"I can't afford it."

"I'll pay for you, you don't have to pay me back, please, Josh! For me?"

"Fine, but I am paying you back," Josh told me.

"No. Now get packing your bags, we're going home."

"Fine," Josh came back and packed his bags, but we were talking, and laughing.

Once Josh told his dad we was going back to Miami, I snatched my phone out.

"Emilee?"

"I have to tell you something, Hales."

"What?" She asked.

"I uh, I think I like Josh again..."

All I could hear was Haley skrietching through the phone.

"It's not good," I frowned.

"Yes! It's amazing!"

"No, I'm still dating Drake," I explained.

"Oh, that's not good. Who do you like more?"

"I don't know. You have no idea how much I miss being Josh's girl, and right now, it's tearing me apart. I want him more than ever now," I sat in a corner.

"Awe!" Haley shouted.

"I like Drake a lot, though."

"Does he know that you and Josh have a child together?"

"No," I replied innocently.

"What?! He has to know!"

"Yeah, I'm going to tell him once I get back to Miami." I heard footsteps and saw Josh coming down. "I have to go. Text me," I told Haley.

"Will do. Bye! Tell Josh how you feel!" She yelled, then hung up.

"Who was that?" Josh asked.

"Haley. Ready to pick up our son?"

"Yep."

Josh's POV

I walked up the stairs to tell dad I was going to Miami with Emilee. I couldn't find him though.

"Dad?" I called. I walked past the kitchen and called again, "Dad?"

"Josh," I heard him.

"Where are you?"

"Over here," dad answered.

I walked into his room and found him on the ground.

"What-"

"Sh!" Dad hushed me.

I stayed quiet, but walked over to him.

He got up, with a huge smile on his face.

"Uh, what were you doing...?" I questioned.

"She likes you!"

"Huh?" I asked, confused.

"Emilee, she likes you again."

"Dad, it's not April first, you don't have to April-Fools me."

"No. It's not a joke! Go to the ground and listen."

I did and I heard this, "You have no idea how much I miss being Josh's girl, and right now it's tearing me apart."

I sat back up, eyes wide, with dad a huge smile on his face.

"Why are you so happy?" I asked.

"Are you kidding? You guys are going to get married and make me a grandpa to more children!" He smiled.

"No, dad. Emilee has a boyfriend."

"It's still possible."

"I'm going back to Miami," I explained.

"Why?"

"Emilee wants me to."

"Good! Call me as soon as she says yes! Now go and talk to her!" he shoved me.

I walked down and saw Emilee on the phone.

She said her goodbye, then I asked who it was.

"Haley. Ready to pick up our son?"

"Yep," I replied, overwhelmed.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Josh?"

"Yeah?"

"Can I hold Chase?" Emilee asked me.

"Sure," I gave him to her.

"Thanks."

I didn't reply, I just looked out the window.

It feels great knowing Emilee likes me again, but what about Derek or whatever her boyfriend's name is? Won't he be mad?

"You aren't so chatty today," Emilee told me.

"Yeah."

"Why not?"

"Because there's nothing to chat about," I shrugged.

"Is something bothering you?"

"Nope."

"You're acting... different."

"I didn't notice," I told her.

"I did though. You can tell me anything, you know that, right?"

"Sure," I looked out the window again. I couldn't stop thinking about how much my life has changed lately. Just a year ago, I wasn't a dad, or single. Now I'm both. I only had one brother, now I have two, and two sisters. I didn't care about Emilee, but now I'm head over heals for her. Do I sound gay when I say that?

I thought I heard Emilee muttered whatever or something, then she sighed. I just laid back, kicked my feet out, and put my hands behind my head and closed my eyes.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Emilee's POV

Everyone stood up and turned around, looking at the bride coming through the door with her father.

She looked beautiful. Her long, brown curls hanging loosely. Her strapless dress hugged her curves tightly, and loose and puffy on the bottom. Her makeup was a natural look. She looked like a princess.

She slowly made her way down that red carpet, behind her daughter of one year tomorrow. Her daughter was wearing a deep red dress that goes just above her knees. Her hair was curled and in pegtails. Her shoes were black, and she threw red rose petals to the ground and walked slowly towards her father. She couldn't walk too much, knowing she wasn't even a year, but most people were impressed with her walking.

As you look up, you see the church being it's regular self, but a little more red. A blood red.

Bethany made her way up the stage and stood across from her soon-to-be husband, both smiling at each other.

I looked down at my blood red dress, and starting feeling it. The texture was smooth and was tight around the chest area. The bottom part was loose and layered. Our shoes were red heels and our toes were polished red. Our hair was curled and down.

The priest began talking, so I looked at them.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The reception was beautiful. The table's center pieces were red roses, and a candle. Eight fit at a table so I sat with Josh, Amanda, Mom, Dad, Dana, and Beth's parents.

Music came out of no where and in came Bethany and her husband sitting on a charriot and waved at people.

After they had their first dance as a married couple, everyone joined the dance floor and had the time of their lives.

A slow song came on, so I sat down. I kind of wanted Drake here now.

I looked at everyone dancing with their loved one. Melissa and Tyler, Jamie and Mike, Mom and Dad, Bethany and Max, Amanda and her boyfriend, my aunts and uncles, my grandparents, everyone. I felt alone, even though Chase was in my hands.

I stood up and held Chase close to me, and rocked back and forth so I wasn't the only one who was sitting.

I felt a tap on my left shoulder and turned around. Considering it was dark, it was hard to see who was who, but I reconized Josh immediately.

"You look lonely, you loser," he smirked.

"Sorry my boyfriend isn't here," I frowned, trying to talk over the loud music.

"Can I be the boyfriend for the night?"

I looked at him shocked. "Wouldn't that be cheating?"

"No, I'll just be your replacement boyfriend for now."

"Is this your weird way of asking me to dance?"

"Yes," Josh replied honestly.

"Yes, I'll dance with you," I smiled, taking his hand. "What about Chase?"

"Family dance!" he screamed.

I laughed, dancing with Josh, and Chase between us.

Soon enough, it was time to eat. We had our meals, then the cake was being cut, then Bethany and Max fed each other some cake. Flashes were coming from everywhere, then Bethany smashed the cake in Max's face and everyone started laughing. They were the cutest couple ever.

I ate some cake, and got some candy from the candy booth. After that, I met Josh at the open bar and we had a few drinks, and later went home and well rested.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Wait, so how drunk were you?" Drake asked, laughing at all the things I told him.

"I got on a car, thought I was on fire, so stopped, dropped, and rolled, then got up and fell off the car, how drunk do you think?"

"I'm guessing very."

"I like alcohol. It helps me when I'm mad, or sad."

"So you get rid of your depression by drinking?" Drake questioned.

"You bet'cha. Um, listen, we have to talk."

"I can change! I swear! Please, don't break up with me," Drake begged.

"I'm not breaking up with you. I just haven't been so honest so here I go. Josh!" I yelled. Josh came in, holding Chase.

"Isn't that your ex boyfriend?"

"Yes," I answered. "Am that little boy means a lot to me."

"You care a lot about the kids you babysit?"

"That's the thing that I haven't been so honest with you about." I took Chase into my arms. "This is Chase. His birthday is January 1st, 2011. This is his father, Josh. And I-" my voice cracked.

"You can do this," Josh rubbed my back.

"Do what?" Drake looked confused.

"I am his mother."

I put my head down, because I couldn't look at him. I wanted to now run away and cry, but I was being brave.

Everything was silent, and I wipped a few tears away.

"W-we can't be t-together then," Drake stuttered.

"No, we can still! Nothing should change! We can make it work! Please, Drake! Please!" I cried. My heart was being continusly cut by a pair of scissors.

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?" he asked looking away.

"I-I didn't think you'd date m-me if you found out I had a s-son," I replied honestly.

"Emilee, let's go," Josh tugged my arm.

"No, I want to t-talk," I kept looking at Drake.

"There's nothing to talk about. We're done. I'm sorry, Emilee," he drove away in his car. I tried running after him, but Josh held me back.

"Please, let go of me, Josh! Please!" I cried, wanting Drake back. It's stupid though because I like Josh, too and I think he likes me, but right now I want Drake.

Josh made me make eye contact with him. He wipped away my tears and told me, "Don't cry, Emilee. There's someone better out there who deserves your tears. He doesn't. If he loved you, he wouldn't have broken up with you because you have a son."

"It's funny, how the same thing happened with you," I walked away quickly, more tears coming out of my eyes.

"Take me back then. I promise it won't happen again. I'm glad you and Derek broke up, because now I have a chance with you. I've loved you all along, no one else, but you. It feels like someone yanked my heart out when I see you like this. Emilee, I can make you happy. I will do anything to make you happy. Take me back, and I'll make you happy, don't take me back, you won't be happy. It's your happiness. So what is it, happy or lonely?"