Chapter 29- Prom?

2 weeks. 2 weeks flew by so fast and now I'm getting ready for my first day back to school. I must say it wasn't the best 2 weeks of my life but at least it was peaceful. I spent most of at home chilling with Rain or Lyric. Jared was doing his own thing and hanging out with his girlfriend. Mr. Joel has decided that he is not going to talk to me and Shane until we make up. So I'm probably never going to talk to him again.

"You ready to go back to school, tiger?" Max asked. He has been calling me tiger since he found out I punched Kayla in the face and Lyric told him about how I beat the shit out of a punching bag, which made the name stick.

I gave a shrug, tying the bandana on top of my head and fixing my hair around it. "I mean it would be nice to have a different scene but I don't really want to deal with Shane or Kayla." I said grabbing the leather jacket Lyric bought me so it would quote on quote "fit my new bad ass personality" I slipped it over the belly shirt I was wearing and grabbed my phone off the dresser.

"Well you could always punch her in the face again Ms. leather jacket." he teased leaning against the door frame. I flicked him off, pulling on my sandals and he chuckled. "I mean you are looking pretty spiffy."

"Oh ha ha ha. Very funny." I said sarcastically. I stood from the bed and pushed passed him. "I promised Lyric I would wear this for my first day back." I explained jogging down the stairs with him close behind.

"What is going on with you and pretty boy anyways?" He asked as I walked into the kitchen. I rolled my eyes at his nickname for Lyric and grabbed an apple out of the fruit bowl.

"That doesn't concern you." I told him biting into the apple and walked into the living room to get my car keys. He followed me and plopped down on the sofa eating a banana.

"Well, is he your boyfriend?" He asked with a mouth full of food. I gave him a crazy look before laughing.

"No we are not dating." I chuckled shrugging my bag up my shoulder.

"Does he know this?"

"What do you mean? Of course he knows that."

"Well, he does spends a lot of time here, flirts with you all the time, which you flirt back, and you guys are always acting like a couple." He pointed out and I scoffed.

"Okay so maybe we are attracted to each other and we might have talked about dating but I still have feelings for Shane, even though I am trying very hard to get over them, and I don't want to date anybody until those feelings are gone." I told him. He nodded and took another bite.

"Make sure he knows that for sure baby sis." He pressed before disappearing back into the kitchen. I rolled my eyes and left out the door, ready to brace my first day back.

                                                                            ***

"Well, look who's back!" Rain greeted engulfing me in hug. I laughed and wrapped my arms around him, enjoying the embrace. "I missed you around this hell hole, hoe!"

"I missed you to pimp!" I smiled pulling back form the hug and adjusting my shirt. Rain's eyes ran over my outfit and he raised an eyebrow. "What?"

"Why are you all of a sudden dressing like a hooker?" He asked making me slap his arm. He laughed a ow and rubbed him arm.

"I'm not dressed as a hooker. It is just a belly shirt and some black low riders." I defended looking down at myself. "If I was dressed as a hooker I would come dressed as Kayla." I added making him bust out laughing.

"True. Very true. I'm just saying you look different but in a good and sexy way. Like when did you get this belly button piercing?" He said poking at my stomach. I giggled and slapped his hand away