Chapter 14- Endlessly

And there's no guarantee
That this'll be easy
It's not a miracle you need
Believe me
Yeah I'm no angel
I'm just me
But I will love you endlessly
Wings aren't what you need
You need me

Shane sang strumming his guitar, walking nonchalantly across the stage. My eyes were fixated on him as I continued to do my stretches on the stair rail. He began to do the scale while playing random keys on the piano, his whole face relaxed, and his hands flexed as he plucked away at the keys.

"You having fun checking me out, Hall?" Shane smirked making me snap out of my trance. I found his eyes locked with mine, amusement filled in them. I averted my eyes to the ground, hiding the blush forming on my face.

"You wish I was checking out!" I retorted giving him a smirk in return. He hopped down from the stage, his face inches from mine suddenly. I shivered as his hot breath hit my lips.

"I do wish that you would..." He breathed running a hand over my cheek. I leaned my face into his touch, a sense of calmness washing over me. "stop checking me out so I can practice!" He chuckled. He was away from me as fast as he was close to me. I rolled my eyes, pushing back the disappointed feeling in my stomach.

"Is that the song you are preforming tonight?" I asked changing the subject.

"Yeah, Why? Is there something wrong with it?"

"No! It's amazing!" You're amazing. "I was just wondering." I added, trying to get my mind off my thoughts. Shane gave a small nod, looking down at the guitar.

"I just hope Kayla likes it." He stated, bringing his eyes back to mine. My heart sunk at his words and envy ran through my body. I bit my lip in jealously and forced my glare down at the ground.

"I'm sure she'll just love it." I muttered, bringing my leg back on the rail in front of me. "Now shoo! I need to practice!" I dismissed him with a wave of my hand. He chuckled an 'alright' walking back over to stage.

                                                                           ***

"Huddle up!" Mr. Cash called motioning us to form a circle. "Tonight I want all of you to have fun and try not to worry about who the winner is going to be." He said once everyone was around. "We go on in five. Ella, you're up first." He added, looking over in my direction, and I nodded my head.

We broke apart and I wiped my hands on my tights, getting rid of the sweat. I let out a shaky breath as I stood in front of the split where the curtains opened. I felt many pats on my shoulder and heard many good lucks.

"You can do this. You can do this. You will do this. Just breathed." I pep talked myself, rubbing my hands together nervously.

"Hey Hall!" Shane called from behind me. I looked over my shoulder at his smirk.

"Yeah?"

"Break a leg out there!...literally." He chuckled giving me a wink.

"Asshole!" I called back shaking my head at him.

"You know you love me!" He smirked before walking off stage. I rolled my eyes and faced back to the curtains. I let out a deep breath as the curtains began to open.

"Here goes nothing." I mumbled before stepping out on to the stage.

                                                                                 ***