Chapter 28- Replaying

"What were you thinking, Ella?! Do you honestly think punching her was the best idea?!" Mom exclaimed once the Mr. Struck left the office for us to talk. 

We just got done having the whole 'your child punched somebody in the jaw and is now in a ton of trouble.' talk.  Mom is obliviously not happy about the situation and thinks I am in the wrong, but she obliviously doesn't know the whole story. 

"Hell yeah I think it was the right decision! That chick bad mouthed Rachel and slept with Shane! She should've have got her ugly ass kicked but I saved that for another time." I confessed. "Why do you not think that I shouldn't have punched her?!"

"I don't think you shouldn't have punched her!" She protested. "But I do think that you should have saved it for when you aren't at school so we wouldn't be in this mess right now. You just got accepted to a really amazing college and punching her and getting suspended probably just put you at the bottom of their choice list now. You should have thought about that."

"You don't think I did? Of course I thought about which is why I walked away before she opened her big mouth and started talking about Rachel. I honestly don't give a crap about the college right now because I'm not just going to sit around while some whore, who just slept with my boyfriend, talks about my DEAD best friend like she was nothing. So I'm sorry I stuck up for my friend!" I retorted crossing my arms over my chest.

"You better watch who you are talking to young lady! I am not one of the other kids you get an attitude with. I'm not Kayla, or Shane, or any of the other kids you hang out with. Raise your voice and use that language to me one more time and Kayla won't be the only one getting hit today." Mom threaten and I huffed out a angry breath. " Now, we are going to thank Mr. Struck for letting us use his office and then we are going to go home and deal with this there." She added grabbing her bag out of the chair in front of his desk.

"Actually, I drove here and I need to think about some things. Do you think I can go for a drive and clear my head? I just need to release some stress." I asked as calm as possible. Mom gave me a skeptical look before letting out a long sigh. 

"I'm probably going to regret this but I know today has been a tough one. So I am going to let you drive but you are to be back home before 12 and no later." She told me walking over to the door. I gave a small nod, not wanting to say anything and followed her out the room.

                                                                                  ***

My bare left fist collide into the punching bag before my right fist followed it. Over and over I drove my fist into the bag until there is a unbearable pain before I switch to my legs. I kick and knee the bag picturing it was either Shane or Kayla, sometimes both of them at the same time.

"Cheating bastard!" Punch "I put my trust in you and this is what I get!" Punch "Why in the hell would you do this?! After everything we have gone through together!" Punch. "I was your best friend!" Punch. "I." Punch "LOVED." Punch "YOU!" Punch. "I loved you jerk." I cried as tears slipped from eyes, throwing one last punch to the bag.

I caught the swinging bag in my arms before resting my head on it, crying softly. My tears ran down my cheeks and on to the bag as I cried into hit, earning looks from people around the gym. 

No! You are not going to cry over some dick. You are strong than this! You are not going to let someone like him get to you." I pepped talked, wiping my eyes, before throwing punches at the bag once again, now thinking about Kayla. "What did I ever do to you?" I hissed punching the bag with all force. "You are a liar. No body freaking likes you!" Punch. "You think you are just better than everyone don't you?!" Punch. "You are just like everyone else. There is nothing special about you."  Punch. "You stupid!" Punch. "Slutty." Punch. "Ugly." Punch. "Conceded." Punch. "Bitch!" I yelled using my right leg to kick the bag sending it fly back. It never came back because someone caught it in their hands.