thirty

tyler impatiently tapped the eraser of his pencil against his desk as he waited for the bell to ring. josh was subbing for his history teacher today and he was eager to leave english. he completed zoned out what his teacher was saying as he started down the clock, as if he could make time move faster.

"tyler? pay attention."

just then, the bell rang. tyler quickly stood up and started gathering his things, but the teacher stopped him.

"you haven't been paying attention in my class a lot lately."

"sorry," tyler muttered, holding his books to the front of his t-shirt, tapping his foot.

"i've given you several warnings."

"i know."

"i'm going to have to write you up."

"what? oh my gosh, fine. just hurry up, i'm going to be late to history."

tyler was refraining from rolling his eyes. he was getting a detention just because he zoned out during class. not his fault he'd rather watch a wall dry than listen to the teacher.

she filled out the form, much too slowly to tyler's liking. he sighed impatiently, quickly signing the slip when she handed him her pen. he left straight after, not wanting to get caught up in another conversation.

tyler decided not to even rush. he'd just gotten detention for a dumbass reason that josh was going to be mad at him for. why not piss josh off a little more? that's all everyone was doing to tyler today, anyway. pissing him off.

the brunette took his time exchanging his notebooks at his locker, the late bell ringing just as he started walking to history. tyler shuffled his feet, a glum expression on his face as he started down at his floral vans. it was thursday, his least favorite day of the week. he just wished it was friday. not to mention everyone just seemed to be getting on his nerves today.

he pushed the wooden door to his class open quickly, hoping josh would just let him head right for his seat. all eyes turned to him, including josh's.

"tyler." josh stood between him and the rest of the class, blocking the route to his desk. "where were you?"

"nowhere."

"tyler," josh lowered his voice, narrowing his brown orbs at the boy. tyler simply stared at the ground. "everyone get to work while i talk with tyler out in the hall. "

a heavy sigh escaped from the boy, making josh raise an eyebrow. "someone's moody," he commented as he followed tyler into the hall and closed the classroom door.

"whatever."

"what's up, ty?"

"nothing."

"did something happen?"

"no," tyler muttered. maybe he wouldn't have to tell josh he got detention.

"don't lie to me."

tyler rolled his eyes, lifting his hands to pick at his nail polish.