twenty-eight

josh wasn't in bed when tyler woke up, but he was instead greeted with a throbbing headache. tyler groaned, rolling over to face the bedside table. he grabbed his phone and turned it on, wincing at the bright light. he quickly turned his brightness all the way down and opened up his messages.

tyler: bring me tylenol and the will to live.

brendon: why what happened?

tyler: YOU! YOU HAPPENED! i made the mistake of drinking with you. you're a bully, a peer-pressuring alcohol bully.

brendon: that's what you're bitching about? it was only 10 shots of vodka. grow up.

tyler: why am i friends with you?

brendon: bc i know how to have a good time.

tyler: yeah, thanks for the black eye and massive hangover.

brendon: i take no credit for the black eye, but youre welcome for the hangover

the brunette rolled his eyes and set his phone aside as the bedroom door opened. josh walked in, dressed in only boxers. he was carrying a plate of food and a glass of orange juice.

"i made this for you."

"breakfast in bed? how nice... but i think you forgot the tylenol."

"they're on the plate," josh chuckled, handing tyler his food and drink. he sat down and watched as tyler downed the pills and ate.

"how're you feeling?"

"like shit."

"how's your head?"

"hurts, but i can't tell if it's from the hangover or from getting my ass beat."

"both," josh decided, taking a bite of tyler's toast. "i take it you're not up for going out today?"

"i'd rather stay in and watch movies."

"i really love you, you know."

tyler paused mid-bite and smiled. "i know."

"i'd do anything for you, tyler. god, how are you so perfect?"

tyler felt his cheeks growing hot and he was sure they were bright red. "stoooooop," he whined, blushing under josh's stare.

"i mean it. i hope you know you don't have to lie to me."

"i know, i'm sorry."

"i know you are. i just keep thinking things could've been so much worse, but i'm glad you're okay."

"define okay."

josh rolled his eyes but joined in when tyler laughed. "okay as in, alive. still here with me."

"oh, trust me josh, you're never getting rid of me."

"i'd never want to get rid of you."

✨🌸✨

tyler was pressed in between the couch and josh, their bare chests sticking together with sweat. his lips were parted as he panted softly, trailing his fingers up and down josh's back. his mind thought back to the very first time they ever had sex right there on that same couch.

"was it good?" josh asked, still breathing heavy from their previous affair.

"you're always good," tyler complimented.

"but i didn't hurt you at all? not even your head?"

"no, josh, you made me feel good."

"okay, i'm just making sure."

tyler couldn't help but roll his eyes. "you're crushing me. i can't breathe."

josh laughed, lifting his heavier body off the small boy. he helped tyler sit up slowly, being careful to not make his head hurt. josh handed the boy his own shirt which tyler had slept in as he put his clothes back on. his shirt was like a nightgown on tyler.

"josh?"

"yeah, baby?"

"i wrote a song for you."

josh perked up a little, eyebrows raised in surprise. "you wrote me a song?"

"yeah, it's the first song i've ever written, so it's probably not that good..."

"will you sing it for me?"

"i would, but i don't have my uke."

"i can go grab it from your house, if you want?" josh suggested eagerly, making tyler giggle.

"sure."

__a/n__

thanks for 6k holy heck