eight

mr. dun was in the cafeteria again. he seemed to have lunch duty the same time tyler had lunch every day. great.

"this is torture," tyler whined, dropping his head into his hands.

"we have him next period," ryan laughed.

"thanks for the reminder!" tyler complained, rolling his eyes.

he let his eyes wander until he spotted mr. dun, who was talking with some other teacher. he became focused solely on the yellow-haired man, watching him wander around the cafeteria and watch all the kids. he never seemed to look over at tyler.

he felt a hand on his shoulder, startling out of his daydreaming. he turned around and instantly started blushing, seeing mr. weekes standing next to him.

"hey, mr. weekes," tyler smiled, batting his eyes innocently.

"good afternoon, tyler. did i startle you?"

"yeah i zoned out."

"yeah, daydreaming about mr. dun," brendon chimed in, grinning at the brunette who gave him a dirty look.

"oh, really?" mr. weekes questioned, smile dropping as his eyes landed on the substitute.

"no i wasn't!"

"yes he was."

"shut up, brendon! i was not!"

brendon only shut up because ryan stuffed an animal cracker into his mouth.

"hm, alright then. see you in class."

tyler watched mr. weekes walk away before turning and glaring at brendon.

"why would you do that!? what if he was going to ask me to fuck?! why won't you let me be happy!?"

"you're overreacting," brendon laughed.

"i am not! he could've been wanting to ask me for some dick and now i'll never know! thanks a lot."

"you're welcome," brendon grinned.

"wow, these animal crackers are great," ryan awkwardly cut in, making his friends laugh.

"being in love with mr. dun is so hard," tyler complained.

"why's that?" ryan asked.

"he never even looks at me! he hardly talks to me, too. it's like he's afraid of me."

"maybe he's just shy," ryan shrugged.

"or maybe he doesn't like you," brendon teased.

"i'll go with the first one," tyler narrowed his eyes at brendon.

the bell was about to ring and tyler still hadn't said a word to mr. dun. he had to do something.

"give me something to throw away."

ryan handed him an empty jell-o cup. tyler took it and started for the garbage can, making sure to take a route so he'd pass by mr. dun.

he kept his eyes straight ahead as he passed him, instantly feeling intimidated by how small he was in comparison. on the way back, he decided to lift his gaze a little higher to look the yellow hue in the eye.

mr. dun met his eyes, giving him a polite smile. tyler was too dumbfounded to smile back.

even if it was only to be nice, mr. dun smiled at him.

__a/n__

things are moving really slow lol oh well that just means more for me to write also picture is how i imagine ryan :-)

AND 200 READS?? thank you all so much!! 💜💜 i updated today instead of tomorrow because tomorrow is christmas so merry christmas to all who celebrate!