[22] Stupid Mistakes

Ashton's P.O.V.

"This is stupid, Sam. Can we leave now?" I groaned annoyingly as Samuel tugged me through various sweaty, loud groups of people in this very obscure club located somewhere in Los Angeles. We'd been here for almost two hours now, and honestly, I was getting pretty bored with it.

"No, Ash. I'm not gonna give up until you find yourself a man." Samuel sternly asserted, keeping his grip held tightly onto my arm as he lead me to the bar area. "Now, go sit and make conversation with at least one of these guys, okay? Miranda's gonna be pissed if I don't return any of her calls soon." Samuel pulled his phone out of his pocket and let go of my arm, giving me a smile and a thumbs up before mischievously walking away.

I mentally groaned before sitting in a nearby seat. This was all so stupid and I just wanted to go home. Sure, I've spoken to a few guys tonight, but none of them really interested me very much, so here I was, sitting alone and completely hopeless at some bright, neon-colored bar surrounded by perky homosexuals.

I heard somebody sit down in the seat next to me, immediately pulling me out of my thoughts. "Fuck me if I'm wrong, but is your name Easy Bottom?" A deep, raspy, southern voice jokingly questioned beside me.

I promptly turned my head, only to come face to face with a dapper looking man with dazzling green eyes, grabbing my full attention. I chuckled softly at his cheeky statement and looked down at the ground as I nervously ran a hand through my golden brown hair.

"Too cheesy?" The man raised an eyebrow, a soft chuckle escaping past his own lips. Damn, his teeth were perfect, as well as his dark brown hair that had been messily styled into a pompadour. The scruff on his face made him look even more sexier than he had already appeared to be.

I was at a complete loss for words, so I simply nodded, feeling almost unable to wipe the small smile off of my face.

The unnamed man sheepishly cleared his throat. "Sorry about that. Why don't I just start over?" He chuckled and stuck out his hand before flashing me a wide, bright grin. "Hi, I'm Blake."

I smiled warmly back at him, taking his hand into my own and shaking it. "Ashton."

***

Isabella's P.O.V.

One week later.

"You're so ridiculous, Bruno!" I angrily expanded my arms into the air, continuing to walk away from Bruno as he desperately followed me to the front door.

"Isabella, baby, you're overreacting. Those women were nothing more than a one night stand, they mean nothing to me. Don't you believe that?" Bruno defended, deep sorrow mixed with annoyance written on his face.

Bruno and I had just gotten back from some night club in Los Angeles, and believe me, I was anything but happy at the moment. I sighed, "Yes Bruno, I believe you. But I just think that it's so ridiculous that almost every girl at the night club tonight had claimed to have slept with you! I mean, how do you think that makes me look?! Like I'm just some desperate girl dating everybody else's man-whore leftovers?!"

Bruno winced, though I hadn't even inflicted any pain on him... yet. "Okay, ouch, I saw that one coming." He sighed heavily, "But Isabella, you know that you're much more than that. You actually mean something to me, those other women don't and they never have."

I knew that I shouldn't be getting so worked up over this, but I just couldn't help it. I was really hurt at the moment. I felt a tear roll down my cheek, memories from only a few hours prior flashing through my mind. Almost every girl was all over him and he did nothing to stop it; it was almost as if I were completely invisible to him and everybody else the entire night.

"J-Just leave me alone." I mumbled, wiping a few tears from my cheeks as I reached for the front door.

My hand grazed the door handle, and I hesitated for a few moments. "But, baby—" Bruno began as he grabbed my other arm.

"Don't call me that." I muttered through gritted teeth as I yanked my arm from his tight grasp before walking out the front door all while I still had the chance.

I began running wherever my feet would take me. All I knew was that I needed to get away from here, at least for tonight. "Isabella!" Bruno shouted, and I knew that he was probably running after me. After a while, I finally made my way into a dark ally and I felt immense relief wash over me as Bruno walked past the ally, not paying any further attention to it. I heard him curse under his breath multiple times before the sound of his footsteps slowly faded away.

I sighed heavily and ran a hand through my hair. I felt terrible for doing this, but I just needed some time to myself to think about things. I never wanted to hurt Bruno, but I guess it's the price he pays for hurting me, I suppose. Wow, I'm not even making any sense right now, am I? I'm a complete mess. I pushed aside all of my annoying thoughts and sniffed, wiping a few tears from my eyes with the pad of my thumb.

Oddly, I felt as if I weren't alone in this particularly dark and creepy ally. I anxiously examined it, though it was much to dark to see almost anything. I was about to leave, but that was when I felt somebody tightly grab my waist and menacingly press a knife against my neck, evoking my heart rate and breathing to increase immensely.

"Don't scream or make any sudden movements, or I'll slit your throat right here, right now. You understand, pretty little lady?" A deep, raspy voice with a southern accent whispered into my ear, and I felt the man's grip on my waist tighten.

All I could do was simply nod slightly in response. I was terrified for my life, and I suddenly would do anything to be with my inconsiderate, stupid boyfriend right now instead. I squeezed my eyes shut and my breathing hitched after hearing the mysterious, unnamed man's next statement. "Your ass is pretty tight, want me to loosen it up for you?" He lowly chuckled into my ear, evoking deep fear and regret to wash over me.

________

(a/n)

filler chapter

vote. comment. share.