[23] Latched

"What do you want from me?" I spat as the obnoxious unnamed man wrapped a small rope around both of my hands in the front of me, an unlit cigarette hanging from his mouth.

He smirked and lowly chuckled. "Well aren't you feisty?" He finished tying my hands together, almost too tight for me to be able to move them as he annoyingly pushed my back against the brick wall behind me. He smelt strongly of alcohol and cigarettes, causing me to distastefully crinkle my nose and purse my lips. He stood close enough for me to make out his dark green eyes and brown hair, along with the light amount of scruff on his face.

"Get away from me." I stated through gritted teeth, shoving him away from me with the side of my body. Now that he didn't have any sort of weapon on me, I knew that I could probably get away from him. He was too intoxicated to even stand properly and although my hands were tied up, I wasn't completely helpless.

The man clenched his jaw tightly, obviously not looking very happy. "You bitch." He grumbled before throwing a punch to the side of my face, causing me to lose my balance and fall to the rough cemented ground below me. He looked satisfied with himself for a few moments, smirking and letting out a deep breath, but that was before somebody ran up behind him, grabbed him by the shoulder and angrily punched him right below his ribcage, evoking him to fall to the ground as well.

"Isabella." The person's voice whispered. He kneeled down next to me, letting me get a better view of whoever it was; It was Bruno. I was quite taken aback by this, but I couldn't help but feel comforted by his stupid presence. He amusingly chuckled, helping me up. "You know, sometimes it's better to actually talk through things instead of storming out on me, darling."

I scoffed. "Well, you did kind of deserve it."

Bruno rolled his eyes, ignoring me. "You alright?" He brought his hand up to my probably now bruised up cheek, examining where the stranger had inflicted pain.

I winced quietly, grabbing Bruno's hand and moving it away from my face, yet never letting go of his hand afterwards. "I'm fine." I sighed. "Just take me home."

Bruno smiled cheekily. "I'm never gonna get tired of hearing that." He chuckled, referring to the fact that his home was also mine. Ours. The thought had always made me just as happy as it made Bruno, if not, even more.

***

The next day,

8:21am

I tiredly yawned as I stirred around a few eggs with a spatula in the hot and steamy pan on the stove. I was still quite shooken up by what had happened last night. I know, I was pretty stupid for storming out on Bruno, but when it comes to myself, it had always been the better thing to do. I was never good at talking through things with people, because it would always most likely result in me throwing things, and I knew that wouldn't of have been a very good or mature thing to have happened. I guess I may just have to work on that little flaw about myself if I want this relationship to work as much as Bruno wanted it to. I had never really been in a relationship before this one, so the thought that I may have to do something about my short temper had never occurred to me. Bruno was my first, well, everything. I had always been embarrassed of that, but Bruno had always found it utterly amusing and i quote, sexy.

"Good morning, my darling." Bruno's tired, raspy voice spoke as he entered the kitchen. I saw him tiredly expand his arms above his head, stretching from the corner of my eye as I tried my best to keep my attention focused on the breakfast I was cooking.

After a few moments, I felt him slap my ass before wrapping his arms around my waist behind me. "Brun," I gasped and he chuckled softly before pressing his lips against my neck, leaving small kisses along my jawline.

"How do you manage to make cooking breakfast look so sexy and alluring? I'm quite turned on right now, you know." Bruno stated as he rested his chin on my shoulder, intently watching my every move and action.

"Ugh." I quietly whined, not feeling as if I would be able to continue making breakfast with Bruno latched onto me, engulfing me in his tantalizing sent and immense warmth, strangely reminding me of a song.

Bruno chuckled quietly and as if he had read my mind, he began singing, "How do you do it? You got me losing every breath. What did you give me to make my heart beat out my chest?"

I smiled and giggled softly. "I think we're close enough, could I lock in your love, baby?" I questioned, using the lyrics from that one particular song; Latch by Disclosure and Sam Smith.

Bruno chuckled, letting go of me and stepping to my side before bringing his hand up to his bare chest, placing it over his heart. "You're so special to me, my sweet Isabella."

I don't know if it was because he had placed his hand over his heart like an enamored sixteen year old would, but his statement sounded so sweet and genuine, practically melting my heart right then and there and immediately bringing a smile to my face. I gave him a look and giggled softly before turning my head away from him and recomposing my attention back to the breakfast I had been cooking.

Bruno smirked before leaning against the kitchen counter beside me. "You know what? I've decided that I'm not gonna let you out of my sight anymore." He comfirmingly stated.

I raised an eyebrow, glancing over at him for a moment. "What do you mean by that?"

He sighed. "I always mess up somehow, whether it's because I let you out of my sight or I hadn't been taking good enough care of you. Like, remember what happened in Hawaii? It's hell for me to see you hurt and unwell. I don't like it." He asserted and I mentally grimaced, thinking of everything that had happened back in Hawaii. Bruno continued, "Ashton thinks I'm not capable of being your boyfriend. Well, I'm gonna prove that motherfucker wrong." Bruno turned his head away, looking sort of angry about something, but I ignored it.

I tore my gaze from him. "Oh yeah, so um, Ashton texted me this morning." I anxiously scratched my nose before turning off the stove and pouring the eggs from the pan onto two plates. It had been a little over a week since the last time I had spoken to Ashton, and I was honestly beginning to think he didn't even want to make things better between us after all, so the text message that I had received from him earlier this morning had rather surprised me.

"What he say?" Bruno questioned almost immediately.

I cleared my throat. "He just wanted to apologize, and tell me a few things." I tried to state as nonchalantly as possible. Bruno had no idea about mine and Ashton's falling out, and I was completely unsure of how he would react to it. I didn't want him to hate Ash even more than he already did.

Bruno raised his eyebrows. "Apologize?" He questioned before gritting his teeth, looking slightly angry. "What happened? Did he hurt you? Don't lie to me, Isabella." He grabbed my arms, examining for any marks or bruises. Of course he would make completely unnecessary assumptions.

"No!" I intervened almost immediatly, pulling my arms, which were perfectly fine by the way, from Bruno's grasp. "Of course not! Ashton would never hurt me!" I sighed, "We just had a little disagreement last week, that's all."

"You sure?" Bruno reassuringly questioned.

"Yes. But it's all good now, so don't worry about it okay?" I turned back towards the stove again and grabbed the two plates occupied with eggs and bacon next to it, ready to eat. I turned back around and handed one of the plates to Bruno, who hadn't moved or turned his gaze away from me.

"Okay," he gave in. "As long as you're fine, it doesn't matter, I guess." He forced a small smile, which I immediately reciprocated before lightly kissing his cheek and walking past him and towards the kitchen table, Bruno soon following behind not long after.

____

A/n

Oh my gosh! Its been so long! I missed you guys so much. I am so sorry for leaving you guys at such a cliffhanger, for almost a year, too! I was also actually thinking of not finishing this book, because I didn't think I could ever get over the writers block I had, but recently I decided that I need to finish this :) you guys deserve to know the rest of this story. I will also try to start updating on a regular basis again. Love you.

comment. vote. share.