[1] "You're late, again."

I awoke to the sound of my alarm beebing loudly throughout my small bedroom. I groaned as I rolled over, lazily turning off my stupid alarm. I hated hearing my alarm go off more than anything, because it meant that I had to get up and get ready for the day after another long night of hardly getting any sleep. I sat up, and lazily rubbed my eyes before getting up and walking to the bathroom. I stared at my sleepy reflection in the mirror that hung loosely on the wall in front of me. There were bags under my eyes, due to the lack of sleep I had gotten last night, and my hair was a complete mess. I sighed as I turned on the faucet and splashed my face with cold water, in hope that it would wake me up a bit more. I quickly brushed my teeth and washed my face before heading towards my closet. I changed into a pair of red leggings and a simple black shirt before putting on my black combat boots. I knew that I wouldn't have time to fix my hair, so I just grabbed my maroon beanie and put it on, hoping that it would retain my stubborn, long, dark blonde hair from blocking my view today. I grabbed my phone and drumsticks from my bedside table before stuffing my my phone into my back pocket and leaving my bedroom with my drumsticks clenched tightly in my hand.

As soon as I walked out the door, I noticed my best friend, Ashton's car parked in front of my apartment. I let out a sigh of relief before quickly walking towards his car. I couldn't be late for rehearsal again.

"Hey, Ash." I smiled as I got into the passenger seat, the strong aroma of Axe body spray unpleasantly filling my nostrils.

He smiled back at me from the drivers seat of the car. "Hey, Bella." He chuckled softly after I had buckled my seatbelt. "Well, don't you look hot today." He sarcasically commented as he handed me his starbucks coffee, obviously noticing the faint bags under my eyes.

"Gee, thanks." I replied in a sarcastic tone before taking his coffee into my own hands and drinking some of it. "Ahh, what would I do without you?" I questioned, feeling completely thankful that he'd given me his half drunken coffee.

He smiled, his stunning blue eyes meeting mine for a split second. "You'd be nothing without my ass." He answered with a light chuckle before he began driving.

I smiled, setting his cup of coffee into the cup holder in front of the dashboard. I've known Ashton for about three years now. He was my best friend, and what he had said a few moments prior was completely right; I would be nothing without him. He knew everything about me, and I knew everything about him. He was a total sweetheart, and was pretty much like my other half. When I met him, I honestly had the hugest crush on him. I mean, he was completely handsome, I'm not gonna lie. His dark brown hair and blue eyes had always made the ladies swoon. Too bad that they had no idea he was as gay as anyone could be. I was probably the only person who knew that, too. Ashton had always been ashamed of his sexuality, and I had no idea why. He wants to come out, but he's just too scared of what people might think.

I was pulled out of my thoughts as I felt my phone vibrate from beneathe me. I quickly pulled it from my back pocket, and unlocked it before reading what the message had read. I frowned as I saw who it was from.

From: Bruno

Where are you!?

"It's Mars boy isn't it?" Ashton chuckled, glancing over at me for a moment, knowing who it was just by the look on my face.

"Yeah," I responded, ignoring the text and shoving my phone back into my pocket.

This kind of thing happens on a daily basis. Bruno gets pissed that I'm late for rehearsal, even though I never really am late. Bruno is just really impatient and he overreacts, a lot. But, I'm completely used to it. Working as Bruno Mars' drummer has never been easy. People may think that he's this nice, sweet singer/songwriter, but the truth is, they're dead wrong. Bruno is completely selfish and rude, and just like many other celebrities, he had let the idea of the fame and money rot that little brain of his, well if he even had a brain in the first place.