Chapter 26

Hi again! I really hope you enjoy this chapter!

Don't forget to vote for me for the @1DWattyAwards !! It would mean loads to me.

Love you all!

Soph xx

“Where do you think you’re going?” I asked cheekily, trying to brighten his day.

“To my flat Louis. I’m in no mood to handle your bullshit.” He rolled his eyes, trying to take his arm out of my grip. Okay, so that stung a little. But he isn’t getting rid of me that easily. I’m going to show him how much I love him.

“Oh no you don’t!” I teased, keeping a small smile on my face. There had to be a reason why he was angry. He doesn’t hate me and I know it. “You sir, are going to be accompanying me on a date this afternoon.” I smiled, looking at him with hopeful eyes.

“No!” he protested, glaring at me. “I’m mad at you! Why would I want to go on a date with you?”  he sneered. I sighed heavily, rolling my eyes. I knew I couldn’t let his attitude get to me. I spoke with a specialist while they boys were away and he told me that Liam would be having a lot of mood swings because of the craving he had towards cutting himself. Any sharp object will make him cringe and want to reach out for it and it’s up to me to stop him. I’m determined to make him happy, no matter how much pain we’ll have to go through, I know we’ll make it together.

“C’mon Lili…” I pouted, giving him my best puppy dog eyes. “Take it as a way for me to make it up to you. I promise that if you want to leave at any moment, just tell me and I’ll bring you home.” I saw him hesitate for a couple of seconds and then sighed in defeat.

“Fine…” he muttered. I smiled in victory and grabbed his hand gently, intwining our fingers. He scowled at me but didn’t take his hand away. I lead him to my car, opening the front passenger door for him. “I’m not a bloody girl Louis.” He growled, glaring at me still.

I sighed heavily. “Well I’m sorry for trying to be a gentleman.”

“Why don’t you get yourself a girlfriend for that you twat.” He pushed past me and got into the car, slamming the door behind him. I bit down on my bottom lip, trying to not let it get to me. Holding the tears back, I went around the car and got in. This is going to be a lot harder than I expected.

“Hey Li…?” I asked timidly while driving.

“What?” he snapped harshly.

“I love you…” I smiled a bit, glancing at him quickly only to see him roll his eyes and look out the window. I sighed sadly whilst driving. After 30 minutes of awkward silence, I finally parked the car and took the key out of the ignition. “Here we are.” I smiled, trying to bring the cheerfulness back to my voice.

“What are we going to do here?” he asked after we both got around. He was looking around the empty and dimly lit park. His tone sounded softer, not as harsh as before. These mood swings better stop soon or I’m going to go insane.

“Well…” I grabbed his hand gently, linking our fingers again whilst walking towards a more secluded area. “I remember you said one time that you’d enjoy having a picnic at night with the person you love while watching the stars so…” His hand slid from mine. “Who said that I wanted to spend it with someone like you?” The glare was back on his face.

“A-Are… are you saying you don’t love me…?” I stuttered out, my bottom lip trembling and tears welling in my eyes. He must really feel that way if he’s saying that to me. “I swear I’m trying to change Liam. You can’t just expect me to change from one second to another! I need time!” I exclaimed, almost desperately as a tear rolled down my cheek. I can’t lose him. Not after everything we’ve been through.