Chapter 18

This is reeeeally crappy and short.

I wanted to upload now because I'm not sure if I'll be able to upload later. I didn't proof read so if something's confusing just message me. I got interrupted about a million times while writing this because of the birthday calls and messages. 

Yes, it is my birthday today... HAI!

Love you all,

Soph

xx

*Louis’ P.O.V*

It’s our last day in Wolverhampton today. I was sitting on Liam’s bed, looking out the window. The birds were chirping, the sun was shining through the windows and the leaves of the trees were falling to the ground. Only one thing was running through my head though.

Tomorrow’s date.

It’s going to be our two month anniversary and I want to do something special for him. He deserves the best and I’m going to give it to him. I need my little Leprechaun’s help for this though.  I heard laughter coming from the kitchen, undeniably Niall’s of course. I walked down the stairs as the laughs quieted down and peeked my head through the door. My smile instantly faded. No! I won’t let myself jump to conclusions or be jealous over this… they’re just hugging… very closely… with their faces in each other’s necks. Just how Harry used to hug Zayn when- STOP IT!

“Hey lads!” I exclaimed, plastering a fake smile on my face. Niall groaned and pulled away from Liam. He rolled his eyes at me.

“Are you gonna take my best friend away again?” he glared. What the heck? Why is he glaring at me?

“Actually… I wasnted to know if you wanted to go out with me for a while… please?” I asked, looking at Naill. His eyes widened a bit and his expression contorted into a scowl.

“Me?” he questioned. I nodded in response. Why is he hesitating so much? It’s not like I’m going to eat him or something… jeez. “Why me?”

“Because you’re my little Leprechaun friend and I want to spend time with you. Why else?” I smiled. He scoffed and rolled his eyes, making my smile fade a bit. Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed…

“Fine.” He stated, walking out to grab a jacket while mumbling something under his breath that I didn’t quite catch. I shifted my gaze to Liam, the concern taking over me.

“Is something wrong with him? Did something happen?” I asked curiously. Now that I think of it, Niall had bags under his eyes and those usual vibrant blue orbs lacked hope and happiness. There was no trace of his radiant, contagious smile anywhere anymore.

“We were talking about something and you had to come and ruin it…” he said, turning back to his phone. “Like always…” he mumbled. Okay that stung a bit… but Liam always says things he doesn’t mean.

“Who are you texting love?” I asked, resting my hand on his shoulder gently. He shrugged me off.

“None of your business.” He responded, glancing briefly at me and turning back, yet again, to his phone. Why is everyone being so cold to me today? I knew this was stupid but that actually really hurt. Did I do something to upset him? My bottom lip began quivering.

“Are you mad at me Li? Did I do something wrong?” I asked softly, while attempting to fight back the tears that were quickly building up in my eyes.

“Not everything is about you Louis!! When will you learn that?!” he exclaimed, getting up and storming off. My heart sunk to the floor… okay so it’s obvious I did something wrong… but what?

“You ready to go?” Niall’s voice sounded behinf me. I blinked back the tears quickly, pulling another fake smile on my face again. I turned to face him.

“Yea… let’s go.” I answered, walking to the door and opening it for him. He walked past me hesitantly and we walked to the nearby park. I attempted making small talk with him, only to get cold and short answers from him.

“Are you sure you’re alright Nialler?” I asked, ruffling his hair lovingly. “You don’t seem too happy today. Is it something to do with Hannah? You’ve got me worried…”

“Louis William Tomlinson acutally cares about Niall James Horan’s feelings?!” he exclaimed sarcastically while fake gasping and putting a hand to his chest as if holding his heart. What the hell?!

“I always care about your feelings Niall!” I answered.

“If that’s your way of showing someone you care, then I feel really bad for Liam!” he snapped, glaring at me harshly.

“Why is everyone treating me like shit today?!”

“Listen to me Tomlinson!” he stopped walking to stand in front of me. “Liam is my best friend and I’ve allowed you to hurt him for too long! You’re selfish, cocky, rude and arrogant! You only think about yourself and you act like everyone else is inferior to you! I still don’t understand how Liam could possibly fall in love with someone as rubbish as you!” I felt my heart break into a million pieces. I’ve heard these kinds of things from haters, I just never paid much attention to it, but hearing it from one of my best mates? The tears began welling up in my eyes again.

“N-Ni… I thought we were-“ I began choking out,

“Don’t you dare say best mates! You bloody well know that we’re not friends! The only two reasons I’ve put up with you for so long were for the band and for Liam!”

“If I was ever rude to you I’m-“ I began apologizing.

“If…? IF?! Hm… how about the time you threw your drink purposely on me while we were on an 18 hour flight?! Oh and the multiple times you’ve made fun of my height and my teeth?! Oh and my personal favourite! The time my ex-girlfriend cheated on me and you laughed in my face saying that I deserved it because I wasn’t good enough for her?!”

I did all these things to him? The tears were now streaming uncontrollably down my cheeks. I’m such a horrible person… I don’t deserve to have Niall, Zayn and Harry as my friends… and especially Liam as my boyfriend. Niall was right, what did Liam ever see in me? I’m a rubbish person with a rubbish attitude.

“Speechless are we Tomlinson?” he smiled bitterly at me.

“Niall… I swear I never meant to hurt you… I thought it was harmless banter… just jokes…”

“Your jokes always go too far Louis.” He snapped.

I looked down, just letting the tears flow freely. I wonder what the other boys have to say about me. I looked in Niall’s eyes again. “I promise I’ll change Nialler… I’ll make it up to you… I love you okay? I’m going to show you…” I said, hugging him tightly and kissing his head softly before letting go and running back to Liam’s house. I need to go home and clear my mind… I need to think of ways to change myself… I need to be good for them. I won’t ever hurt my friends again.

I feel like the cuality of this story has been going downhill for a while now. I am so so sorry.