Chapter 1

Carl's Point of View

My name is Carl Johnson. I am currently 18 and I live under the sea, just kidding... I live in a peaceful town. I was born on March 28 and I can genuinely say that I love listening to music.

My little sister's name is Clarisse and she's the girl version of me. We look like twins but of course I am older than her because she was born in the year 2009.

It's already back to school so we have to buy our things for school tomorrow. My Mom and Dad are always busy doing their work so me and my sister will be going at the bookstore on ourselves.

"Will Mom and Dad go home tomorrow? I miss them, Carl." My little sister asks me. I picked her up and kissed her on her forehead and then I felt her hugging me back.

"Mom and Dad told me that they can't go home until Wednesday but when they come back I promise, they will bring toys and foods for you and." I said and of course that made her smile.

I put her down and let her play alone for a moment while I change my outfit so we can go to the Mall and do what we have to do.

I went to my room and surely locked the door so my sister won't be going inside my room. I heard Clarisse's voice that made me startled a little bit.

"Yes, Clarisse?" I ask while looking for something nice to wear.

"Can I come in, please?" She said. I can still hear her knocking on the door.

"Okay, wait a minute!" I said and just wore my usual outfit but now I added a hoddie because it's too cold outside to stick with t-shirt.

I unlocked the door and Clarisse quickly went to my bed and jumped up and down on. I don't want to bother her happiness so I just let her do what she wants.

I went inside the bathroom to brush my teeth and so does she.

I was shocked at first but smiled when she made a cute puppy eyes. I brushed my teeth and saw her giggling which is very cute. After brushing my teeth I washed my face and my hands.

"Are we going now?" She asked, I just nod my head and then I heard her clapping excitedly.

~••••••~

We arrived at the mall and saw Clarisse's expression. She pointed something and I saw the bookstore. I shrugged my shoulder and she ran very fast.

"Clarisse!" I shouted and run after her.

Clarisse is sometimes very naughty but she's too young to be punished so I just have to understand this kind situation. I found her looking at the books and when she saw me she grab my hand and pointed the book.

The title of the book is 'She's the One'. I look at her and she giggled.

"Why?" I ask her while looking at the book scanning what's with this book and then I remembered that this was my favourite book before the book named 'My Girl'.

"You have to buy it and read it again!" She said to me but I crossed my arms meaning 'no'.

Her smile disappeared and I look at the book again. Like I've read this a million times but not literally a million times but I forgot some parts of this story.

"Please..." She begged like she was the one who wants to read the book.

"Okay Clarisse but this book belongs to me and you can't read this until you're 16 and above, got it?" I said.

"What? Why?"

"Just listen to your big brother? Understood?" She has nothing to do but to listen to me and nod her head.

"Good..." I said.

I saw her smiling... not just a smile. An evil smile.

"Clarisse? Promise me?" She laughs and nod her head again.

I still don't trust this little girl, cute and pretty little girl but sometimes naughty. She's only 9 years old and doesn't even know what love means so I know she won't understand this book.

We searched for other things that we needed and the last one we need to find is the pens and pencils. Thanks to Clarisse she's a good seeker.

"I found it Carl! Right here." She said to me happily. Like she won a lottery.

"One pack of pencils, 2 black pens and 2 red pens. 1 eraser, 2 sharpener, papers, notebooks, plastic cover, tape, markers an-." Before I finished checking the list Clarisse pointed the counter.

"Oh, thanks." She helped me to put the things on the counter while I am checking the list.

"Okay, done!" I put the list inside my bag and took the change.

"Thank you ma'am and sir, come again!" The guard said to us and Clarisse answered the guard.

"Thank you mister! I hope to see you again when we come back, bye!" She waved at the guard and he also did the same.

What's with this girl that I don't have?
Was it confidence? Hmm...

"Aren't we going to eat, Carl? I am so hungry and you can't even cook something. You only fry egg, hotdogs, bacons and chickens. What else do you cook or fry?" I mentally faced palmed myself and sigh.

This girl is only 9 years old but talks like an adult and talks a lot like she knew everything. I don't really know how to cook but at least I can fry foods but sometimes nope.

We ate at a restaurant and Clarisse ate a lot and of course she went to the restroom. You know what happened next.

I only ate a little. I don't really eat too much outside but in our house I always eat too much but not all the time.

I saw Clarisse rubbing her stomach and I smile knowing she is already full and we can finally go home without her asking me to cook her some food.

"Let's go home now." I said and grab our things and hold her hand.

~••••••~

We arrived at our home safe and it's already 5:06 pm. I looked by the window and saw our new neighbour.

I wanted to say hi to them so I went outside and saw them unpacking their things. I decided to help and met this lady named Sherley and Armando.

I saw a girl with a natural brown hair. She is shorter than me and has an angelic eyes. She's wearing a royal blue dress and a white sandals. I decided to help her to carry the big heavy box that is loaded with stuffs, her stuffs.

"Can I help you?" She ask looking directly at my eyes. I'm the one who is supposed to be asking that, right?

"I just wanted to help you to carry that box, if that's okay with you." I said shyly. She smiles and let me carry the heavy box.

It's literally heavy but forget about that. Helping is my thing so that's alright with me.

After helping them with their things. I started walking back to our house but then I heard the girl shouted something so I look back at her again and she flashes me a cute smile.

What's your name?" She asks.

"Carl Carl Johnson, how about you?" I said without any hesitations.