Chapter 38

Lily's P.O.V

Caelum rushed me into a hug and kissed my neck gently.

"It's gone be alright." He whispered gently into my ear. It felt good to hear those words after almost seeing my little girl die.

It was around eight pm when she started crying and I checked on her. She felt a little hot and had a small fever. I had given her some children's Tylenol and left her to sleep. Two hour later and I came back to see her skin had broken out and she was coughing. Her eyes rolled in the back of her head and she started wheezing.

"I'm so scared Caelum." I cried into his neck.

"Don't be. I'm here and everyone is here for Caily. We're going to get through this."

"I love you Caelum."

"I love you so much Lily. I'm sorry for being to much of a fool to see that earlier."

Caelum hugged me again and we waited for the doctors to bring us the results. I was shaking and crying and I could tell Caelum was on the verge of tears. He was holding it together for me.

"Mr. and Mrs. McGriffin?"

"Right here, is she okay?" Caelum asked.

"She's fine. The minor respiratory problem we predicted when she was a baby, it's more of a nerve problem."

"So she'll be having more seizures?" Caelum asked squeezing my hand.

"We have her on some medication right now that seems to control it pretty well. We're going to keep her over night to make sure, but she should be ready to go home in the morning."

"Is this going to last forever?" Caelum asked. I was in to much shock to ask any questions of my own.

"Nothing last forever."

"Smart ass." Caelum barked.

"I apologize, there's no way to tell exactly."

Caelum walked away and after apologizing to the doctor for his behavior, I rushed over to him.

"The family should be here in a little while."

Caelum sat in the chair with tears running down his face.

"What's wrong baby?" I managed to choke out between tears.

"I just wanna see my baby girl live. I don't want her to have to be hooked up to monitors and shit all her life. I want her to run with other little kids and laugh and play. What if that doesn't happen? What if she's doomed to a life of hospitals and shit?"

I leaned my head on Caelum's shoulder but didn't stay like that for long because Mark walked in.

"Oh hell no, point me to the person in fuckin charge cause I got a lawsuit for y'all. Ya'll done fucked up my cousin and his family and somebody bought to pay."

"Calm down Mark." Caelum's mother shushed him.

"I'm sorry Ms. Sherry but I'm pissed. Who the hell is in charge?"

I laughed a little at Mark's craziness.

"Sir, we're going to have to ask you to calm down." A nurse came up to Mark.

"Who is we? Tell me who the fuck we is cause I have a law suit."

"If you have an inconvenience you can talk to our staff who will glad help you."

"Don't tell me who I can talk to! Bitch I will stump a mud hole through your cranium, don't fuck with me. I'm about to set this hospital on fire."

"Calm down Mark." Caelum whispered to Mark.

"I'm sorry man, sometimes I just get really worked up." Mark sat down and I smiled.

"It's okay Mark, she's doing fine."

"She better be. I have the best damn lawyer in Dohage."

"Thank you for caring so much."

"Family is always first, I got your back."

I leaned on Caelum's shoulder and started to drift asleep. Hopefully they would let me see my baby in the morning. Until then the only thing I could do is wait.