Chapter 36

Lily's P.O.V

"Come on baby, it's okay." I kissed Caily's forehead and continued rocking her. She had woken up in the middle of the night screaming but her bottle wasn't done yet. She usually liked being rocked by Caelum at night, but he was still 'meeting' Theodore.

I heard the timer for the bottle go off and I walked to the kitchen. I took the bottle off the stove, checked the heat, and then fed it to Caily.

"Mommy's girl was just hungry. You was hungry? Yea you were, yes you were." I rubbed my nose against her and started back for the living room.

As soon as I sat down with Caily the door opened and Caelum walked through.

"She okay?" He asked.

"She was hungry. Where have you been?"

He sucked his teeth.

"C'mon, you know where I've been."

"Were you still at the meeting you left two hours ago for?"

"I stopped for two seconds to get a drink at the bar."

"So what happened after that huh?"

"Babe chill."

"Don't tell me to chill. You have anger problems and me and Caily are forced to suffer. You know she likes being rocked by you and you spend all your time beating up people."

"Babe, I'm sorry. I wasn't looking at my watch."

"Are you drunk?"

"No, I wouldn't do something like that. You know that."

"At this point I don't know anything about you. Have you been taking your medicine?"

He looked away and I walked over to Caily's playpen in the corner and sat the sleeping baby down. I walked back over to Cae.

"Have you?"

"No." He mumbled.

"Why not?"

"I don't like the way makes me feel. Makes me feel like I'm out of my body. Floating on clouds and shit like that."

"Caelum do whatever you want, but I'm not bailing you out of jail. You better learn how to control your temper because if not, me and Caily are gone."

I picked up Caily, laid her down in her room, and went into me and Cae's room. I closed the door and let a few tears fall before cuddling up with a pillow and falling to sleep.