Chapter 9

Lily's P.O.V

The smell of cooking bacon hit me as soon as I stepped downstairs. This house was huge. A large living room sat in the middle of the whole house with the kitchen to its north and a master bedroom down a small hall.

Upstairs there was two bathrooms and thee bedrooms along with a home office. I hadn't seen outside yet, though I was looking to explore.

I walked into the kitchen to see Caelum standing there without a shirt on. It was quite the sight and I nearly melted into a puddle where I stood.

"Good morning." I chirped.

"Morning." He growled back.

What had happened to last night and that brief happiness.

"Are you okay?"

"Fine. Breakfast?"

"Sure, what are we having?"

"Cereal and milk."

"Well, you certainly know how to treat a girl to a great breakfast."

"If you want something better, go to a diner." He barked.

"You are the most bipolar person I have ever met. Yesterday you were all happy and now you're this..."

He took a deep breath and turned his back to me.

"Sorry, I don't mean to be."

"I think that's a lie." I folded my arms and bit my bottom lip. He was tempting me on every side and yet I wanted to slap him so hard.

"Well it's not. You just don't know how to let forgive and forget."

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes and poured the cereal into a small bowl. Caelum still didn't look at me and I didn't care. He could throw as many temper tantrums as he needed. I was staying.

"Are you going to drive me to Amber's house or do I have to walk?"

"I think you could use the exercise." He finally turned towards me.

"And now you're calling me fat."

"I never said that."

"You hinted it though."

"Whatever." He threw his hands up in the air and took some bacon out of the pan. He hit the pan and let a sting of curse words fly before holding his hand.

"That doesn't look good." I walked over to him, took his hand, and put it under a stream of cold water.

"Thanks, you don't have to do this."

"Yes I do, I need a ride."

He smiled, "that's the only reason you're doing it?"

"Yep."

I looked up at him and he brought his lips down on mine. I started to give into this beautiful sensation before deciding not to and pushing him away.

"What the hell is wrong with you?"

"You, you're what's wrong with me. I did it to prove a point."

"What point?"

"You can never be satisfied."

I stood with a smug look on my face. Yeah right.