Chapter 27

Mark's P.O.V

I sat at the oak table eating some Captain Crunch loudly. Caelum came behind me and smacked my head.

"Chew quieter."

"Eh, you should be the last one talking about eating quietly. I heard Lily last night you little freak."

Caelum thumped me again and I flashed him my middle finger before returning to my cereal. Lily had become a little sister to me in the short time I had known her. I loved making her laugh.

"Where's Lily?"

"Sleepin, that's all she ever does since she's pregnant."

"And that's all she'll do after she's pregnant. Welcome to no sex city my friend." I patted Caelum on the back and smiled.

"You would no about no sex city Mr. Bachelor for life. I obviously get some, that pregnant belly is proof."

"It's also proof that when she's not pregnant anymore, her body is going to morph into something you've never seen before."

"You're just trying to scare me."

"Okay, but where does all that weight go? The stretch marks? You know that baby gone have a big head like you what when she's stretched out like that?"

"That's physically stuff, I don't care about any of that. I fell in love with her heart and personality."

"Thank you Pastor Joel Olsten, now can you be a man for two seconds? Or has she already confiscated your man card?"

I stood up to put my bowl in the sink. Caelum sat in a chair and slouched.

"Man, I'm going to be a father, I ain't listening to you."

"I would say ask your dad how it feels but-"

I wasn't even half-way through the sentence before Caelum threw his middle finger up.

"Didn't I tell you to play nice?" Lily snapped coming in from the bedroom.

She looked like a tornado had just hit her and hard. There was a knock on the door and I ran to answer it.

"Ugh, who invited Godzilla to the party?" Amber punched my chest and rolled her eyes. "You better not scratch me with them claws."

"Shut-up Mark, your breath is melting my face."

"You one to talk lava breath." Me and Amber loved messing with each other. She knew I was joking and I knew she was joking.... most of the time.

"I came to check on my God Babies."

"God Babies? Yo mama cheated so much that's probably your cousin, aunt, uncle, and brother."

Amber punched my chest again with a smile teasing her lips.

"That's why nobody likes you."

"The only reason people like you is because horses are rare in the wild."

I dodged a punch coming straight to my chest. Lily was giggling and then took off for the bathroom. Caelum followed with concern.

"What do you guys have to eat?" Amber started for the kitchen.

"Watch yourself in there, I hear raccoons can't help themselves."

I loved being the funny guy anybody and everybody could go to to be cheered up. When I found the right girl, she had to have a funny quality.

Amber walked back with a bag of chips and some cereal.

"I know you're stocking up for winter like most bears, but could you leave something for someone else?"

Amber punched me hard in my chest.

"King Kong, you gone stop putting your hands on me."

"Are you coming to my house for the annual games?"

"I would, but I realize being the man you are you could possibly injury me."

"Chicken? Man up."

"If I was half the man you are, I would."

"I wish you'd stop messing with that girl." Caelum called out to me.

"It's not my fault, The Grinch started it."

"I'm gone, tomorrow my parents want everyone there for the big dinner and games." She turned to me. "You better now come to insult me."

"That's the only reason I go anywhere."

Amber kicked me with force.

"If you scratch me with one of those claws, I promise imma have a medical bill for you."

"Bye Lily. Bye Cae!"

Amber left and I looked over at Caelum and Lily who were cuddling. He was rubbing her stomach and they kissed every so often.

"This reeks of relationship. I places to be." They laughed and kissed again and I ran into the nearest room. I wanted to settle down but I don't think it was for me right now.

A/N

You guys seemed to really like Mark and so I did his point of view. Would you guys like more Mark?