Chapter Twelve: Mission - Start!

Shiori's pov

"The Dango Shop?" I asked.

"Mhm, I'll get you guys some sweets, think of it as a treat for passing the genin exams. And I want to talk to you about some things."

So we entered the shop and found a quiet table for four.

Lightly sipping her tea Kaoru looked up, "The Hokage has brought to my attention that you guys are...special. You guys know quite a lot that you probably shouldn't...not to mention your sought-out bloodlines, you four are potential powerhouses for the village, but also potential weak points. As your sensei, I want to make sure I know what you're after and what you need to stay safe. The Hokage said that you had secrets...now spill," She said seriously.

I looked towards Akiko and Aoi who shrugged and then I looked towards Leiko. She nodded.

"Well, there are certain details we absolutely can't reveal at this point. But the upcoming chunin exams is the main worry. Sources say that something big is going to happen, and it's just a catalyst for something bigger," I said deciding to focus of the first issue.

Kaoru-sensei looked intrigued, "And that is all you know for now?"

"We know something is coming, just not sure what is is. We need to be prepared for it though," Leiko said.

"I see...well entering you into the chunin exams is easy...but I can't help you past that point. Which means you guys need a training schedule," Kaoru smiled.

"Well, I was thinking to only take missions if absolutely necessary. Y'know, for basic income and such. Beyond that, I say we train. Because frankly, D-ranks do nothing to improve our teamwork or individual skill," I thought out-loud.

"That's an interesting approach. It's possibly a smart one. I'm not opposed to it," Kaoru-sensei shrugged.

"Just in case you had it planned, we already did the tree climbing exercise," Akiko quickly informed.

"Little wonder who taught you that," Kaoru-sensei muttered.

I laughed slightly.

"Well, I can get you started on D-ranks tomorrow. You need eight missions at least to qualify for the chunin exams,"

We all nodded, in the middle of eating our sweets. Because when you have sweets, life is great. And when life is great, you don't think about the D-ranks that will ruin your respect of every single ninja in existence. To think that people like the Kages, Orochimaru, Akatsuki and others grew up doing these chores. What a sad life story....

Leiko's pov

"Ma'am, this is the supply delivery for the restaurant," I said, placing down another cardboard box filled ingredients.

"Thank you for your assistance, girls. That's all for today," The lady said before sending us all off.

"Finally done!" Akiko cheered.

As we walked down the street Shiori grinned, "That's our eighth mission! Sasuke thinks our team is crazy lucky. The first thing he says to me every day when he gets back home is either, 'My team sucks', 'My sensei sucks' or 'I hate cats',"

"Pfft," Aoi snickered.

Walking to the Hokage Tower to hand in our 'mission report' we saw Naruto's team walk out of the room.

"Hey, Kakashi-sensei," I greeted.

"Sasuke, Naruto," Shiori greeted.

"Shiori-chan! Hey everyone! We got our first C-rank mission! 'ttebayo!" Naruto boasted.