I Miss You, Asshole. - Happy Birthday!

December 9th

For the first time in awhile, my mom had to wake me up this morning. On Thursday morning, an arm kept shaking me. I finally wake up to meet my mother's beaming gaze.

"Happy birthday, Hazel-bay!"

My eyes open slowly and I sit up with a smile planted on my face.

Mom has a cupcake I've been craving - rainbow. It has white frosting with colorfully shaped sprinkles all over it. It was small but I enjoyed blowing out the tiny candle. 

I wish for the best birthday ever.

"Thanks, Ma." I take the cupcake from her hand and start eating the bread first. I loved to eat the frosting last, a habit I picked up from all the many birthday parties I've attended.

"You're welcome. Now get dressed." Her voice is still playful even though she just ordered me around.

I eat the rest of my cupcake and climb out of bed. My head was slightly throbbing with a headache. 

I did not enjoy that.

My outfit is already picked out for the day, courtesy of Carly (outfit in side-bar).

The only reason I slip it on is because it's cozy, worthy to walk out in, and because I was feeling a bit nice. Usually, I'd throw it aside and pick out my own outfit.

I head downstairs with a hop in my step. It was in the cupcake.

Evan and Zach were talking animatedly on the couch. As soon as they notice me in the kitchen, they tackle me to the ground.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MUNCHKIN!" Evan screams in my ear.

"YOU'RE FINALLY SEVENTEEN!" Zach joins in.

I laugh despite being crushed by two nineteen year olds. Eventually they get off me, only to give me my birthday licks.

"No!" I squeal and run around the house as my brothers try to chase me.

Obviously, they get me in a matter of a minute. Both of my arms are in pain from the punches my brother's gave me. They thought it was all fun in games until I began to tear up.

"Sorry Haze."

"Yeah, we didn't know we were hitting too hard."

I smile slightly. "S'okay, there's no bruises."

After that, as a sorry, they drive to me to school in the family van. We joke and laugh the whole time. I forgot how fun it was to be around my brothers when they weren't trying to embarrass me.

"Wait!" Zach grabs my wrist before I could leave the van.

"You forgot this." Evan gives me a bright pink pin that reads: 'Kiss Me, its My Birthday!'

I wrinkle my nose. "I'm not wearing this." Unfortunately, I didn't have that choice. Zach yanks my shirt and forcefully pins it on. "Now don't take it off or else." He warns seriously.

"Fine," I sigh, even though I didn't pick up a fight.

As I walked through the doors, I'm a bit surprised no one looks my way. No one even bothers to glance at my pin. Well, should I expect a bunch of strangers to have a cake for me? Obviously.

High school at Brinch is so much more different than high school at Hushbud.

I get to my locker and find a nice surprise. My locker is decorated in hand-made posters. Most of it says 'Happy Birthday Hazel!' - 'I love you!' - '17 YEARS OLD!'