I Miss You, Asshole. - In Too Deep.

The following month goes by in blur of avoiding Aiden and kissing Logan. 

After Quinn's confession, I felt I had to keep my distance with Aiden. He liked me and it was evident in class. He gave me longing looks during work time, drew pictures of me in his notebook, and tried to get my attention.

I went as far as asking to transfer classes. Unfortunately, I couldn't do it because I didn't have a  good reason, but I did get to switch seats in every class I sat close to him in.

While doing this, Logan is totally oblivious. He grins at my presence and glares daggers at Aiden in the hallway.

Should I feel like a slut?

For not telling Logan? For not confronting Aiden? For avoiding my problems? For not expressing them to anyone? God, it was so confusing.

When did life get so complicated?

"Dude, dude, dude!"

I snapped out of my daze and turned my attention to my lab partner - Miranda Edwards.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah?"

"You spilled water, mind cleaning it up?" She pointed to the water sprayed all over the lab table.

"Miranda, you spilled that." I pointed out.

She gasped in faux surprise, "Did not!"

"Did too," I frown. "You will not place the blame on me!"

"Girls," Mr. Edwards rushes over. "What is going on?"

"Hazel spilled water and is trying to blame it on me." Miranda whines, even adding a pout. The conniving devil!

"Hazel if you made a mess, it's no big deal. No one's gonna hurt you." Mr. Edwards said sternly like he was talking to a child.

I sigh in aggravation, hop off my stool, and stomp over to the paper towels.

"Thanks Haze!" Miranda smiled sweetly.

I came back over and clean up Miranda's mess. When I'm done, Miranda yanks my arm with a squeal - an annoying habit I've learned to deal with. 

"Look!"

I look up to see Aiden rush in. Guilt twisted painfully in my stomach at the sight of him talking to Mr. Edwards.

"What about him?" I asked coldly.

"Damn, did he tick you off too?"

I ignore the jab. "Since when did you squeal over him?"

"Since I saw the light," Her eyes cloud over and she smiles big.

Oh god. The growing urge to strangle Miranda and slap her was almost unbearable. Not because I was jealous. Hell no! Because if they started dating, I'd have to put up with him even more.

"It's too bad he thinks I hate him."

Then, my senses perked up. That's right... He likes someone else - that someone being me.

God, I sounded like a bitch, but Miranda deserved so much better. At least, that was what my brain was telling me.

"He's a jerk."

Miranda shrugs and goes back to doing the project.

I watch Aiden nervously fiddle with his fingers while talking to Mr. E. Why was he here? Even his presence annoyed me.

Although, deep, deep, deep down, I knew a part of me couldn't let him go so easily. Even if I loved Logan, Aiden would always be the cute boy who noticed me.