your voice (f)

richie tozier had never been the one to show emotions, and usually was the one to make a sexual joke to cover up his innermost thoughts. on the other hand, eddie kaspbrak was the complete opposite, only for bill denbrough.

eddie and bill, childhood friends from the start, trusted each other like nobody else's business, and richie was jealous of their relationship, but decided to let it go.

after he decided that was impossible for him, he dreaded seeing eddie and bill walk from the rest of the group after everyone went to leave after a movie night, laughing about some shit bill had said to make eddie laugh. or another instance, seeing bill and eddie walk to class alone, as richie watched them leave him in the hallway.

it lasted too long for richie's liking, and he was sick of feeling butterflies in his stomach every time he glanced at the boy named eddie, wishing eddie would share his innermost thoughts with him, not bill.

richie and eddie were close back in middle school, but after bill moved to derry in fifth grade, richie and eddie slowly moved apart, and instead of richie and eddie, it was bill and eddie. richie had heard eddie called him at night just to talk to him, and richie only wanted it to happen to him, to hear eddie's voice.

it was a saturday night, and richie was cleaned his glasses on his bed, glancing at the blurry world, before returning the spectacles to his vision and looking around his room at the posters on his wall, covering the blue color underneath. eddie had picked out the color in fifth grade, and richie had the chance to change it many times since then, but decided against it, knowing the color had a deeper meaning, in his mind at least.

the room gave a lighter tint then the rest of the house, richie always keeping the curtains from the windows, loving to look out the window during the night, knowing he wasn't getting any sleep at all.

he would hear his dad yelling downstairs at two in the morning about something his mom had said or done, and the yelling back at forth wouldn't stop until sunrise, when they were too drunk on beer to say anymore.

the midnight sky shown out richie's window, and richie curled up by it, holding a comic book in the air and laid on his back, examining the book he had read over a million times.

he heard a ring from downstairs, which was oddly unusual, but seemed to forget about it after the ringing stopped minutes later.

his parents weren't home yet, they usually came home around two o'clock in the morning anyways, so his dad didn't call him downstairs to answer the phone, stringing to the kitchen wall.

another ring was sounded, and richie began to get annoyed, flipping through the comic book faster, unlike his sanity in that moment.

after the third call, richie smacked his comic book on the hardwood, walking swiftly down the stairs and quickly to the phone hanging on the wall, immediately picking up the currently ringing phone angrily.

"whoever is calling, go fuck yourself. it's twelve fucking twenty asshole and you made me walk down-,"

"god, i'm... sorry... rich-,"

"eds?" richie asked, hearing the small boy's voice through the phone. he instantly pulled a chair up by the wall, holding the phone up to his ear and sitting down.

"i'm sorry i called... i just... i wanted to... hear your voice." he sniffled through the phone, and richie felt his heart break in his chest, being smashed to the ground.

"are you crying?" richie asked, trying to stay serious, but it was awfully hard. "god, sorry eds, i should have told you sooner i was fucking your mom-,"