plane rides (f)

I sat down in a seat, letting my head slip back. "Flight to Toronto will be boarding now. First class, you may board now." I could hear them call, waiting for the last class to be called, knowing how little money I had booked on the plane, wanting Toronto to be the greatest experience of my life.

I scratched my head full of brown hair, my freckles showing up more than usual. "Hey dude, you going to Toronto?" Someone asked next to me.

I looked at him, eyebrows raised. "I love how you state the obvious with such a sense of discovery." I huffed, but held my mouth. "Sorry, habit." I said embarrassed.

He only laughed. "You're funny, you know that?" I smiled. "So why are you heading to Toronto anyway?" He asked.

"To get away I guess. To have an adventure of a lifetime." I told him shyly, not wanting to reveal too much to a stranger. "You?" I asked, trying to add new conversation.

"Heading back home." He answered confidently. I noticed how his glasses, too big to fit his face, stayed but on a ridge on his nose. He had such a clear face, and was unbelievably attractive.

"What's your name?" He asked, looking at my in the eyes, making me almost giggle, but I held it back, confused with myself.

"Eddie. And you are?"

"Richie. Ok, Eddie Spaghetti, I hope your adventure goes well." He laughed, making my heart melt.

"Don't call me that." I laughed at walked through the gateway, and then he was gone.

Or so I thought.

I sat in my seat, two seats away from the back of the plane. And he sat down next to me.

"You got this seat?" I asked, excited, but decided in that second to show him I didn't care much.

"Nope, but I'd rather sit with you in the back of the plane then alone for the next eight hours in first class." He laughed at sat down, and I shrugged, feeling silly for loving the way he smiled, and laughed. And the way he just let his hair go, let his curls run wild.

"Okay." I replied, looking at the window, before back at him. He couldn't be gay. He's too beautiful.

"So, Eds, what are you planning to do in Toronto?" Richie asked, me rolling my eyes at the nickname. I put my earbuds in, listening to Panic! At The Disco, but not loud enough so I couldn't hear him talking.

"Not much. I didn't plan anything, just planning to get away for a while." I let out, letting my head hit the back of my seat.

"Oh, so you don't have anywhere to stay?" The boy asked, moving his hair out of his eyes.

"Nope. But I'll figure it out." I turned up my music up, not really interesting on talking about myself.

"Would you like anything to drink?" A lady asked, walking by with a tray of drinks. I shook my head, waiting for Richie's reply.

"An apple juice and a water please." Richie said and headed her money, before putting the apple juice in my hands. I raised my eyebrows, taking my earbuds out.

"What? You seem like an apple juice guy." He laughed, sipping his water. I chuckled, taking a sip of my favorite drink in the world. "Thanks."

"My mom would like you." He let out, and I looked at him, eyebrows raised slightly. "She likes your type."

"My type? Since when does me, Eddie, one and only, have a type?" We both laughed, bringing music to my ears, as I quickly sipped the rest of my drink.

"You know what I mean!" He said, and grabbed one of my earbuds, taking the music in.

"Ahh, I love this song. The Ballad of Mona Lisa." He nodded his head along with the music, me focusing so much on him, I forgot music was playing.

"Say what you mean, tell me I'm right... And let the sun rain down on me, gimme a sign, I wanna believe..." We both hummed, but I stopped to hear the most beautiful singing voice.

"Your voice is... beautiful." As soon as I said it, my face went red.

"Haha, thanks. Do you have a girlfriend?" Richie asked, out of nowhere.

I raised my eyebrows again. "Are you assuming my sexuality?"

He laughed. "You're gay?"

"Bi." And after that moment, Richie was more happy than ever, throughout the plane ride.

" And after that moment, Richie was more happy than ever, throughout the plane ride