rumor has it (f)

eddie kaspbrak remembered the uneasy feeling in his stomach and the throbbing headache in his forehead when he walked into derry high on wednesday. he wish he knew why, he needed to know why something felt different.

maybe it was the cause of people staring the asthmatic boy down in the hallways, or the disgusting smirks from the senior boys, or the glares from the teachers, that seemed to know more than him.

so when stan ran over to him, his hand firmly to bill's, almost forcing him over to eddie, eddie asked.

"why do i feel so weird today, and why's everyone staring at me—,"

"y-you don't k-know? bill asked slowly next to stan, his eyes to the ceiling.

"what? don't know what?" eddie asked, a bit of panic this time, keeping his grip tightly around his inhaler.

"um, eddie, don't freak out, but... someone spread a rumor that you're dating richie tozier. eddie, now everyone knows you're gay."

eddie blinked a few times at the boy before completely gaping at them both, unable to move or speak. "eddie..." bill let out, but eddie had turned around and already headed for the bathroom.

his headache grew worse and his stomach flipped around as he ran to the bathroom, not realizing the label on the door.

GIRLS BATHROOM.

he finally realized his mistake when he ran in, only to be face to face with no other than richie tozier, convenient enough.

eddie recognized his breath that smelt of smoke and his tall lanky figure, along with one tattoo across his hip that was barely showing.

"why are people saying we're dating, tozier?" eddie growled, his fists clenched and his breathes quickening, seeing that richie was a foot taller than him.

richie only raised one eyebrow, confused on how eddie knew he was in here, if he knew. he didn't answer eddie's question, fixing his cigarette on between his lips neatly, and turning around the other way to meet beverly marsh's gaze.

"why's a girl in here?" eddie asked in confusion, backing up a bit.

"you're in the girls bathroom dumbass."

"right." eddie answered, seeing the label on the door and slowly backing out to the door, opening it to find the hallway empty.

"everyone thinks i'm gay now." eddie whimpered, crossing his arms as the two of them left beverly in the bathroom to smoke, eddie feeling nauseous of the smell.

"no, everyone knows you're gay now." richie corrected him, leaning against the wall, while fixing his glasses.

"i'm not gay!" eddie exclaimed, and flipped off the girl walking by with a confused look written on her face. "keep on walkin', bitch." he grunted, and richie chuckled.

"aggressive." richie murmured with a amusing smile, watching him freak out.

"i'm aggressive!? everyone's been fucking staring me down, like—,"

"take a chill pill, god, your antsy attitude must run in the family, considering your mom last night—,"

"that's not funny, tozier." eddie growled, but richie only laughed, placing his hand on eddie's shoulder, but eddie pulled back from his grip.

"so, i'll pick you up at eight?" richie asked when beverly stepped out of the bathroom, an amused expression across her face as they began walking away.

"what, hell no—,"

"hey, don't be mean to your boyfriend." richie interrupted him, and eddie crossed his arms and rolled his eyes, not liking the feeling of his cheeks heating up or butterflies in his stomach.

"YOU'RE NOT MY BOYFRIEND!"

richie was already gone, up the stairs to the second level of the school, and bev watched him with a curious look.

"what?" richie finally asked her, and she seemed to be questioning how to ask it.

"so... did you spread—,"

"hell yeah, it was the only thing i could think of. someday when i'm kissing spaghetti head, i'm gonna tell him." richie laughed, and bev nudged him.

"you're an ass."

lol it's been a while

lol it's been a while. i've been trying to write but i have no ideas for one shots!
also i started watching scream queens and it's sooo good... i'm in episode 10.
~ penny (feb 25, 2018 @ 3:29pm)