stalker (f)

richie held his head high as he walked down the busy streets of new york city, a suspicious grin plastered onto his cunning expression.

he held onto his black puffer jacket, which was falling apart, even though he had only got the item a year ago, and he could feel his hawaiian shirt underneath banging against his skin with every step.

he smiled at his un-grown, golden retriever watching the black poodle in front of him strutting down the streets and almost laughed out loud at the sight.

richie hadn't trained the dog to go to the bathroom, or walk next to him, or not bite people, but he didn't seem to care, only teaching the dog how to eat a treat under three seconds.

the curly, dark-haired boy saw a black poodle in the distance and looked back at the loose leash placed poorly on the small, golden retriever neck.

it was only seconds later when the dog shrugged off the leash from its neck and sprinted down the busy streets of new york city.

"turtle! turtle!" he called, and for once he cursed the name of the dog.

turtle was gone. he didn't stop at the pink poodle, he didn't stop until he saw a husky, over a mile away.

turtle licked the husky, breathing heavily before the husky's owner grabbed its collar.

"hey bud." eddie laughed, looking at the collar and finding a tag. "ok, number, name, and... a date to dinner for finding my dog?" he questioned, laughing out loud at the person's stupidity.

"c'mon, bud, come inside with me and sarah." eddie murmured, not caring when people around him raised his eyebrows at the boy talking to dogs.

eddie took off sarah's leash, and put it on turtle, finding the name weird on the dog, but didn't question it, walking inside the apartment building with the two dogs, the husky falling closely next to them, trained perfectly.

eddie opened his apartment door, the husky rushing inside and playing with his toy, the tiny golden retriever following behind the husky, playing with another toy.

eddie smiled at the two, but closed the apartment door and took off the collar golden retriever, taking it to the kitchen in his apartment, grabbing his phone out of his pocket and typing in the number.

it rung a few times, but before he knew it, he heard a voice through the phone.

"hello?"

"i have your dog." eddie replied, wanting to get to the point and hang up.

"oh my god, thanks, dude! where's your address?" the boy asked, making eddie smile, unaware why he was smiling.

eddie told him the address, hanging up before richie could say more, and moved to his cabinet, taking out a CLIF bar, and biting into it.

seconds later he heard a knock at the door. eddie gave a confused expression to the door, before peeking through the peephole, thinking ben, his roommate forgot his key.

"who is it?" eddie asked, looking at the boy up and down, the black puffer jacket, dark curls, pale skin down to the bone, and tall legs covered with jeans.

"you have my dog?" he questioned, even though eddie knew it was a statement as he opened the door for the boy, the golden retriever not moving to the door to meet his owner.

"turtle!" richie called, petting the husky, putting the dog on his leash.

"how'd you get here so fast?" eddie asked richie, tilting his head to meet the boy's gaze, and it felt like richie's face cramped up as he stared at the small, preppy boy in front of him, smiling widely at him.

"i live across the hall." richie said as if it was the most obvious statement, and eddie sat down on the couch in the living room, close to the dogs and richie.

"you have a name?"

"not for you i don't." eddie rang in return, finding the boy dreamy, but stupid and probably straight.

"well that's a shame, i'll just call you my savior." richie shot in return, finger guns pointing at the small boy.

eddie flipped him off, not interested in whatever game this boy was playing, and turned to his dog. "sarah, get the newspaper." he said, and sarah retrieved the newspaper from the door for eddie, putting it on the couch.

"woah. that was awesome." richie answered, eyes widened at eddie, who had a small smirk across his face, opening the newspaper.

"so, dinner for tonight? oh, and i'm richie." richie said, wondering why he hadn't made a stupid mom joke yet on the boy, but something about eddie made him nervous.

"um, lemme think about it for a little." eddie said, stroking a fake beard. "you can leave and never come back when i do." eddie added, and richie groaned, sitting down on the floor in front of eddie, hugging his knee.

"eddie, i'm not leaving." he murmured, eddie kicked him off.

"how do you know my name?" eddie asked, fixing his fanny pack against his waist, richie noticing and chuckling at the sight.

"it's on the door of your bedroom. nice fanny pack, by the way." richie laughed, pointing at the door of eddie's room, then eddie's fanny pack, making eddie roll his eyes.

"when are you gonna leave, stalker?" eddie asked, turning on the tv and pulling out a giant pile of filled out children worksheets.

"teacher?" richie asked, entertained by how eddie checked the work swiftly.

"yeah. you?" eddie replied, not bothering to look up at the boy, knowing if she showed any sign of affection richie would take control over him, like myra.

he didn't want another sonia in his life, or another myra. so he pushed everyone away, except for ben, who has always been by his side since middle school in maine.

"comedian. pretty good too, eds." richie clicked his tongue, grabbing one of the worksheets and staring it down.

"don't call me that."

"oh, now i'm gonna call you that. or eddie spaghetti. or spaghetti man. or-,"

"i get the point trash mouth."

"i like that. trash mouth."

"yeah, fits you perfectly." eddie smiled in return, the first smile he had put on since richie had walked in.

"just like your mom's-,"

"beep beep richie." eddie snapped, rolling his eyes as he stood up and opened the door, which richie walked through and turned back around, outside the door a bit.

"see you at seven. casual." richie gave him two finger guns, and eddie didn't reply, closing the door on his face.

he leaned against the door after, letting out a heavy sigh and slid down to the ground, his eyes to shape of hearts.