stall numbers (f)

richie tozier hated school.

he hated the idea of school, having to learn with no consent about what you actually want to learn, and then joining the cycle of life after a dreadful 13 years of schooling.

as well as this, he hated people at school. he had stan and mike, but other than them, he didn't have anyone else.

"bucky beaver!" he heard from down the hall, and richie groaned, knowing exactly who it was.

henry bowers. the main reason he hated school. the bully with the blond mullet, not fashionable for the 2000's, but somehow henry made it work.

"what do you want, bowers?" richie said with disgust, watching as the boy and two other useless friends he didn't care about.

"look-ie here, it's richie trash mouth tozier!" he said too loudly for richie's liking, grabbing everyone's attention around them.

richie stayed against his locker, not interested in henry's games.

"look-ie here, it's henry faggot bowers!" he replied, giving henry a fake smile, but turned it immediately into a frown.

the word, faggot, didn't faze him, now that he came out bisexual to himself. he didn't need to come out to anyone else, himself, stan, and mike were enough.

henry's face turned red, and richie swore he saw henry look over at one of his friends, richie knew as victor. only for a second, and richie instantly knew henry's big secret. just that look, and it was all put together.

"touch me, and i'll tell everyone," he said loudly, everyone watching. henry's teeth gritted, but he didn't move towards richie.

richie slowly walked up to henry, feeling a burst of energy from the sixteen-year-old self he was.

"touch me, and i'll tell everyone your big secret."

then richie strutted to the bathroom, taking out a cigarette and a lighter, needing a break.

richie stood by the second sink, cigarette in between his lips, feeling the burning sensation he fell in love with at the age of twelve.

he slipped into the third stall, putting the toilet seat down and sitting down, the cigarette burning down faster than he had anticipated.

he shrugged, staring at the walls of the stall, finding the words interesting to his teen mind.

he read some of them, 'fuck yourself girly boy', or 'shitttt' or 'bev is a slut'. he frowned at the words, but that didn't stop him from continuing to read on until he stumbled upon a number written on the wall.

without thinking much, he took out his phone and typed in the number, pressing speaker.

"hello...?" he heard from the other side of the phone after three rings, the voice making richie warm inside.

"hi, i'm richie. who is this? i found your number--,"

"oh no, i'm sorry, bowers wrote my number in the boy's room and i couldn't get it off..."

"your good. i'm bored anyways, and you obviously aren't in class either."

"that's true." the boy replied, chuckling through the phone.