high school hero (a)

it was exactly six o'clock when richie woke eddie up, leaving kisses on his face to neck, then back to his cheeks. "wake up..." he said between each kiss, and eddie grunted.

"make like a tree and leaf." eddie annoyingly groaned, hitting richie with his pillow before turning back around and attempting to fall back asleep.

"don't make me leaf you!" richie said back, shaking him away dramatically, and eddie sat up in the bed, rubbing his sleep deprived eyes.

richie didn't comment on how eddie didn't sleep at night, how they would talk for hours before heading to bed, about how eddie would always snore when he slept but he hadn't heard a snore in days, weeks even.

he hated sonia kaspbrak. the woman who would shove pills down eddie's throat, telling him he was sick. he didn't question eddie when eddie would call him on the phone and tell him to come to his house. he didn't question eddie when richie would come to his window at night and see him on the floor sobbing, or on the floor not being able to breathe.

and eddie wouldn't question when richie would come to his house through eddie's window at random times, he wouldn't question why richie couldn't take a 'mom' joke, because he knew why, and he wouldn't question when they would be having a normal conversation and richie would start crying out of nowhere.

they were two strong boys, and their only weakness was each other.

richie had already been ready for the day when eddie woke up, and eddie was confused, to say the least, considering it was always the opposite every other day. that's when he remembered.

"happy anniversary bubba." eddie smiles at the boy, who reached down for something on the floor, and brought it up. flowers. poppy's to be exact, eddie's favorite flowers in the whole world.

"happy anniversary babe." he replied, holding out the flowers, which eddie immediately took, examining them.

"thank you," eddie answered, landing a small and gentle kiss on richie's lips. "i have something for you too, but you'll have to wait until tonight." eddie winked, causing richie to groan and fall backwards on the floor.

"you know i'm impatience." he whined, not caring that he had used the wrong tense.

eddie sighed, picking himself off from the bed and to his closet, looking through the clothes. richie watched him from behind, but shifted to eddie's desk chair, grabbing a pencil and his homework he decided to ditch, but he knew it would only take a bit, and he had the time, knowing eddie was a princess when it came to getting ready in the morning.

it was about twenty minutes later when eddie was smoothing down is hair, richie coming behind him and grabbing him around the waist, kissing his neck, eddie giggling. "stop it, we look it a married couple and i'm the pregnant mom."

"relatable." richie replied, placing his hands by eddie's stomach, but eddie turned around.

"don't disturb him."

"a girl?"

"yes, a girl. what should her name be?"

"mm... africa." richie replied after searching around the room, finding a 'toto' poster hanging by eddie, which he had gotten back in middle school.