chapter 22

Cicily POV

I slowly open my eyes.. my head is pounding and I'm all wet.

I hear a groan next to me.

"Cicily is that you?"

I turn and look right into the eyes of Garret. "Garret do you remember what happened? I literally can't remember how or when when we got here... Wait hold on where are we?"

He stands up and looks around. "I think we are in you Father's abandoned dungeon."

I laugh. "He never would let me down here. Something about drug dealers and bad men that take pretty girls.."

Garret stifles a laugh. "That sounds about right princess."

I look around and see the entrance. "Hey Garret I think we can go out this way."

He nods. "I see light."

We jog over to the light and step outside. The sun is beginning to go down.

Garret stops in his tracks. "Cicily you look completely different. I mean.. uh.. your hair is black and your eyes are green. You look pretty pale too... It's like your a different person."

I look down at my hands. I rush over to a small stream... Oh my gosh. I look like my mother.

Garret nervously smiles.. "I mean you look great.. honestly I feel like this is the real you for some reason."

I nod in agreement. "When I was about three my hair color changed and my eyes turned more of a blue color. My skin on the other hand was never pale like this. I wonder why this happened to me?"

Garret shrugs his shoulders and I shake it off.
"Well I guess I'll worry about my transformation later. We should go find everyone."

Garret nods in agreement.
"I'm sure everyone is worried about us. Carter must be worried sick about you princess."

We head on over and cross the vampire border. As we approach the entrance, vampires come over to us.

I've never seen the looks they gave us.. well more like gave Garret. I turn and whisper into his ear. "They're looking at you like you rose from the dead or something."

He snickers. "I know.. kinda wierd."

They follow behind us, whispering among themselves. I open the door and see someone sitting in a chair.. almost like she's waiting for someone.

"Wait hold up.. is that-"

Garret pushes past me cutting me off. "DAWN!!"

She smiles and hugs him. But the look she gives me sends chills through my soul.

Her eyes pierced through me like daggers... It's almost like she wants me dead or something.

She walks over to me smiling almost in a sinister way.. "Hello Cicily, I've been waiting for you."

Before I can react, she has me pinned to the floor. "You aren't  having my mate mutt."

My eyes widen.. Garret's smile turns to horror as he realizes what his sister is about to do to me.

But before he can get to me she raises a knife she had hidden in her shirt..