Chapter 1

I have been training for five years now. My father is determined for me to take over when he dies. Being as I am the only child of the Werewolf King.

I have been training in the Green Valley Pack. The Alpha, Clinton, is the most powerful Alpha in the land. I have actually become good friends with his wife.

This is such a beautiful town. I love how everything is so peaceful. Especially with the Vampires neighboring.

"Hey Jen, how's little Kingston been doing?"

She turns and smile. "Oh he just had a little cold. My son is stubborn though. He wouldn't take the medicine the pack doctor tried to give him. But eventually he took it once he was offered a sticker.

I laugh. That little boy is going to be a great Alpha one day.. I just know it.

"So how is it y'all get along so well with the blood suckers across the path?"

Jennifer stops smiling. "The hunters attacked them and wiped out many of them. The Vampire King's younger brother, sister, and father were killed within a couple of months."

Jennifer seems to get lost in her thoughts. "I remember the look on the  Vampire King's face when they lowered the casket in the ground. I have never seen such hurt in someone's eyes like I saw in Garret's..."

Hmm. I guess the Vampire King's name is Garret.

She sits down on the ground wiping her forhead. " Honestly.. Cicily, they are really good people. Since the tragidy nearly a year ago, we haven't bickered or fought with them. But we also haven't seen the Vampire King come out of his home not to mention the Irish Vampire King. He hasn't been back since Dawn's funeral."

I curiously look at her. "We're they mates?"

She nods. " She was his soul mate. But from what we have heard. Hunters killed her. She was found dead in a well a week later. The poor girl, she had been alive for hour but noone thought to check the well so she perished."

I can feel goosebumps on my arms. I shudder.  "Okay time to change the subject. That just ruined my day."

Jennifer laughs. "Sorry for being such a downer."

We head into the pack house for lunch. Clinton grabs Jennifer by the waist. "Why hello there beautiful."

She giggles. "Hun. Stop people are watching."

I roll my eyes. I'm glad I haven't found my mate. I don't want one. Especially if mates end up acting like that.

Not that is matters. Im being trained to be a warrior. Well in secret. If the hunters come back I need to be able to defend myself.

I sit down next to Jennifer and we bow our heads and pray to the Moon Goddess.

Then it's chow time. I don't know what it is about meat but it drives our wolves crazy. I pick up a chicken breast and tear it apart and eat it. Whoever the cook is. I think I'm going to transfer him or her to my kitchen at the palace. This is best chicken I have ever had.

I head upstairs afterwards but stop when I hear whispering in the Alpha's room.

I hear a familiar female voice. "What do mean the hunters are back? It's been nearly a year."

I can't hear what the other person said.

"We have to warn Garret. Where did you say they attacked? The Moon Light Pack?!"

"Sh keep your voice down.. someone might hear you."

I hear Clinton's voice. "I heard Carter is coming down because of this. Something about revenge for Dawn."

Yep it's definitely Clinton and Jen.

I head to my room. Oh my gosh. I must live in a hole. Hunters have been attacking and I was never informed?! I am going to have a long talk with my father. If we had known.. maybe we could have prevented the deaths that have taken place within the year.