chapter 12

GARRET POV.

I can't stop pacing. The feelings I felt when Dawn was missing is coming back. The anxiety.. the fear.

I hit the wall with my fist. Why Vampire Goddess..

The caller.. I think he is the same one who called when Dawn went missing.
I grit my teeth. That hunter is going to pay.

I recall the conversation we had.

"Your sister will be found somewhere dark.. somewhere damp.. somewhere behind bars.."

Gosh what can that possibly mean..
It hits me. The abandoned dungeon in the werewolf kingdom. But how can I get in there..

I smack myself and laugh. Of course I can get in. Cicily's father is the king. My face goes pale. Oh no. I haven't called her dad.

I grab the phone, my fingers trembling. I scroll through the leaders. Ah found it. It rings ... He picks up.

"Sir, this is Garret Henson.-"

He cuts me off. "Look I have helped y'all enough. I am not fighting another battle for you."

"Uh, actually it's about your daughter. She's been kidnapped."
I brace for his reaction.

"SHE WAS WHAT?!!" I move my ear away from the phone. My hears ringing.

"HOW COULD YOU ALLOW MY DAUGHTER.. MY.. baby girl.."

His voice drifts into a whisper. A long silence follows. For a moment I think I lost connection. Then I hear his trembling voice. "I'm coming.."

He hangs up. I'm not sure if I should be afraid or relieved.. guess I'll find out pretty soon if he wants me dead.

..........
Cicily POV

I calmly walk into the cage in the well. Dawn's killer locks the cage. I try to touch the bars but jerk my hand away. Silver, of course.

"Yes, Dawn. The cage is silver. I kept thinking you weren't a vampire. I mean how else would you have lived?"

I sit down shaking my head in anger. "I AM NOT DAWN!!"

He laughs and climbs the rope back out. I watch as the hunters pull the stone back over the hole. Slowly the sunlight turns to darkness.

So this is what it feels like to know you're going to die...