chapter 5

I look over at the man sleeping next to me. My eyes widen. "Carter?!"

He frowns and pulls me closer. I try to get out of his grip but it's no use. He begins to murmur. "Dawn please don't leave me... I promise I won't let you go. I'll protect you.. forever.."

I watch as his face turns into a painful look. I run my hand across his face and he relaxes. I sigh and lay back down. I'm not exactly sure how I'm suppose to fix this situation.

Suddenly he jerks up. "Dawn don't leave me!!"

"Carter! Wake up!!"

He turns and looks at me and for the first time.. I see the hurt deep inside of him. His eyes watered as he looked at me. "Please don't leave me Dawn. Please.."

He leans in and hugs me so tightly. "Carter, I'm not Dawn. My name is Cicily."

Then Carter really looks at me. It's like he snaps out of it instantly. He pushes me away and jerks out of the bed. "Why are you in Dawn's room?!"

I stare at for a moment. "Uh, because Garret put me here?"

He suddenly gets very angry. "NOONE SLEEPS IN DAWN'S ROOM EXCEPT DAWN!!"

I jump out of the bed. "Woah, chill. I'll leave if that's what you want."

Just as I head to the door, Garret runs into the room. "Princess, are you okay?"

I nod. "I think Carter needs some help. He is losing his mind over Dawn."

He sighs in frustration. "I'm sorry. I just hope he finds his last true soul mate. He won't be able to stop until he finds her.. until then all he has is Dawn. You can stay in my room. I'll go downstairs and sleep. Good night Princess."

I smile and walk into his room. I'm so tired. I instantly fall asleep.

......

The next morning I wake up to smell of pancakes. I immediately spring up. I love pancakes!!

I brush my teeth and wash my face. Then I head down stairs. Garret and Clinton are sitting there smiling ear to ear.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY CICILY!!"

I grin. "Aw you remembered my birthday... How sweet."

Clinton comes by and hugs me. "Your officially 18. You know what that means... You finally get to find your mate!!"

I roll my eyes. "I don't need a mate Clinton.. I think I'm fine just by myself."

Garret laughs. "No you can't be that beautiful and not be with someone."

I give him a dirty look. "Let's just eat, boys."

We immediately dig into the layers of fluffy pancakes. Oh my gosh they're good. Then I smell something.. like a midnight forest rain... It's amazing.

I get up and follow the smell and stop in front of  yawning Carter. My eyes widen. How in the world did I get paired with him?!