chapter 21

Dawn POV

I don't know who anyone is.. but that man.. I knew his name.

Carter. Carter..

What happened to me..

I watch as the everyone begins to turn into a blur of color.. I don't even feel pain anymore... But I really just want to die in peace.

I feel something wet drip on to my face. Is Carter crying? Why is he crying for me? I just tried to kill him and his people.

It's getting harder to breathe and I still haven't got all the answers.

I lift my shaking hand and pull on Carter's shirt.

"Where is my family.. where are they?"

He begins to hug me. Well wasn't expecting that..

Carter whispers into my ear. "They are all dead. You had two brothers. Both loved you very much. I loved you very much.... Gosh I missed you Dawn. Please don't go.."

A part of me felt hurt. My family is dead. "Carter who are you to me. You aren't my brother and you have an Irish accent?"

He pauses. "It's kinda complicated. You see you were my mate.."

I cut in. "Wait, what?! We were a thing?!! So I'm a vampire right?"

He nods. "You are also part werewolf."

I cough. Blood drizzling down my mouth and down my neck. "Well ain't that something.."

"So if I live through this.."

Carter cuts in. "You will.."

I laugh. "Okay then, anyways.. does that mean we will be together? I mean I know I don't know you but aren't mates supposed to be together?"

He nervously runs his hand through his hair. "See that's where the problem lies. Once you "died" I found my second chance soulmate."

I clench my fists. "WAIT WHAT?!!"

I sigh. "Where is she.. I'm gonna kill her. I'm going to slice through her like a watermelon and dump her body in the lake.."

I see a stretcher come over to me.

Carter helps a few vampires place me on it.

"Dawn I love you but I don't want you to kill her."

I laugh. "Oh I'm not doing it for you.. it's all for me.. she stole my life and she's going to pay big time for it."

I feel my eyes begin to slowly close. I feel so tired right now..