interviews and forgiveness

We stopped my Justins house on the way there so I could get changed. The girl, who I later figured out was named Selena, gave me an outfit to put on and shoes with it. I went into the bathroom and put them on.  It was a white shirt with a black bow around with jeans and black high heels.

It looked really cute and I made a mental note to have her pick out more of my outfits.

When we got into the car, She asked me simple questions like what high school I went to and what my favorite animal was. I guess she knew enough about my past to not question me about it. 

She also had enough common sense not to ask me any questions about my fight with Justin.

“Where are we going again?” I asked when she had finished with her interrogation.

“Justin has a live interview tonight and he asked me to bring you, he has some plan I guess.”

I let a long sigh. “Do I really have to go? Can’t you just say you got lost?” I asked

She gave a quiet laugh and said “No, he wouldn’t believe me I’m sorry, but I think its in your best interest to go tonight and afterward if your still mad or whatever I will personally tell Justin to back off. But if you go tonight and somehow his plan works and you guys make up I would like the honor of saying ‘I told you so.’”

“Alright I guess.” I said just as she pulled up into a parking lot in front of a huge building that looked like an auditorium.

There was a man in an orange vest that pulled Selena aside, when he saw who she was he automatically waved her through towards the back of the building.

“Why can’t I just go home, I don’t want to deal with any more of this tonight.” I asked while we were walking through the door.

“No, we are going in here and you are going to watch this interview.”

I sighed, I knew there was no use arguing.

We were led backstage and to the side of the stage, I saw that Justin was already on and sitting on a couch. I saw his face and my heart panged a little. Our eyes met and he gave me a small little smile. I broke eye contact and paid attention to what the interviewer was asking.

It was about his tour. I didn’t pay attention to that part, I just wanted to go home.

Then the interviewer asked a question that caught my interest.

“So Justin you talked on Ellen earlier this week about a girl you liked. Any more details you want to share with our audience.”

He laughed and caught my eye. “Well yah sure, her name Is Rosalinda Kingston and she’s actually here tonight if you want to invite her out of stage.” I stopped listening when he said her name, or my name. My breath caught in my throat and my heart skipped a beat.

“I’m sure we could find time to ask her a few questions.” Then he turned to the camera “Stay tuned after the commercial to see Justins new girl.”

It finally caught up to me that I was expected to go out on stage.

The camera cut off shooting and the interviewer stood up. I caught eyes with Justin and immediately ran out onstage. He opened up his arms when he saw me coming and I dove into the them. I buried my face into his neck, trying to hold back tears. “I’m so sorry. I don’t know what was with me, I just got really insecure and I know that-“ Whatever I was going to say was cut of my Justin’s mouth.

I returned the kiss whole-heartedly.  It was cut short by someone tapping on my shoulder.

It was a woman that was wearing loads of make-up.